Entrepreneurship in Action On Demand Course
Entrepreneurship in Action On Demand Course
FSI On Demand Courses feature Studio Access to self-quizzes with scored results, personalized study tips, flashcards with definitions and image identification, videos, case studies, projects and activities, timelines, and downloadable files, plus additional book-specific content to help you master concepts.
Upon course purchase and payment approval users are sent access codes to their learning portal where they will access instructions, the course, course materials, and curriculum.
Many design students dream of opening a retail store of their own, but the actual process of starting their own business can be quite daunting.Entrepreneurship in Action: A Retail Store Simulation provides an opportunity to practice all the steps necessary to conceptualize, develop, open, and finally operate a business in the safe and nurturing environment of the classroom.
As they prepare to open their simulated retail business, students learn how to develop a product and product niche, conduct market research, and find funding and a good location for their store. Most important, when they reach the end of the course, they will have written a complete business plan in a format suitable for submission to a bank or other lending institution.
Each module begins with learning objectives and explains a concept, as well as addresses questions that an entrepreneur would need to ask. An assignment follows that directs the students to think creatively to apply the theoretical knowledge previously introduced. The simulation thus pulls together the content as well as the format of a well-conceived business plan.
-- Getting Started
-- Step 1: Choosing a Business and Product line
-- Step 2: Finding the Right Location
-- Step 3: Funding the Business/Sales Planning
-- Step 4: Preparing a Business Resume and Personal Financial Statement
-- Step 5: Profit and Loss Plan
-- Step 6: Merchandising Your Store
-- Step 7: Marketing Plan
-- Step 8: Personnel and Sales Management Plan
-- Step 9: Visual Merchandising and Store Layout
-- Step 10: Capital Spending Plan and Cash Flow Forecast
-- Step 11: Financial Documents for Evaluation and Tax Preparation
-- Step 12: Pulling It All Together
-- Managing Your Success
- Read, highlight and annotate your hard copy
- Watch videos that bring chapter topics and concepts to life: 2 specially commissioned videos
- Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions: 14 decks of flashcards
- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips: 12 quizzes
- Practice your skills and enhance your knowledge with activities and resources: 2 downloadable files
Your purchase includes a hard copy book. This will be mailed to you via USPS. Please provide the CORRECT mailing address on your order form. Orders that are returned to us as undeliverable will not be re-sent. At this time we do NOT ship books outside of the USA.
Whether you are starting a business or developing an ongoing one you will benefit from the knowledge we have made available to you. We’ve also made the study methods convenient and very affordable. Learning is fun, relaxing and inspiring – as only fashion should be!
The course is for your professional development and is organized in a way to be FUN, engaging and interactive. Source material is university/college level. These are NOT courses for high school level or below. Learners will be tasked with challenging quizzes, essays, case studies, projects and activities.
Upon opening your course, you will see a layout in your portal of the reading/study order, assignments and video lists. You will review each module and progress through the entire course online, at your own pace. Periodically your instructor will check in with you. Watch videos that bring the course topics and information to life
1. Study smarter with online self-quizzes, get instant grading and ability to re-take for higher scoring
2. Review study tips for easier learning
3. Gain access to study (flash) cards of terms, definitions and image/style and fashion identification
4. Learn the subjects context with comprehensive timelines
5. Browse index for appendix notes, terminology and more
6. Learn more with linked resources you can access immediately
7. Bookmark or highlight eBook text as you read
8. Participate in online discussions, blogs, forums with other fashion/image and style professionals such as yourself
Included in your course:
· Access codes and passwords to your study portal
· 365-day access to course and studio learning
· Self-quizzes with instant scoring
· Flash cards
· Study tips
· Terminology lists
· Case Studies
· Downloadable files
· Timelines, maps and illustrations
· Chat access to your instructor
*Optionally you can rent an eBook copy while in the course.
Included in your FSI student portal:
· Network opportunities with fashion professionals from around the globe
· Fashion news RSS feeds in real time – stay updated on all the fashion news as it happens
· Create your own blog and invite participants
· Join a forum that is topic specific to your study course
· FSIShop – exclusive fashion, style and image products for portal students
· Instructor Chat
· Calendar of events for further workshops and study options
· Create your own folders to hold resources such as homework files, articles you want to archive etc.
Awards and Badges
Once you have completed the course successfully you are awarded a digital badge to place on your website (or badge backpack), a customized Certificate of Completion along with an official accounting of your study hours for use in your certification applications. CEU (Continuing Education Units and ILU (International Learning Units) certificates are issued at completion as well.