Certified Color Consultant Course
Certified Color Consultant Course
Ready to Explore the Fantastic World of Color Consulting?
COLOR ANALYSIS CERTIFICATION COURSE
Train to be a Certified Color Consultant
"If you want to be a great image consultant/stylist and be a star in your client’s eyes, this is just the course you need to get the business." Monique Boyd
Color is a language, and we can get you fluent and equipped to start earning money as a certified color consultant. Our course curriculum is based on the 2D3D=EZ color analysis method and offers comprehensive color training and simple to apply methods of consulting with clients. We’ve designed our e-learning to closely mirror what you would learn in person with a trainer. At the same time, online learning allows you to learn at your own pace and to revisit information time and again until you have it down, with multiple reviews possible so that you can absorb the information at your own pace. Texts, exercises, quizzes and video will insure that you walk away from the color consulting course not only certified but ready to become a confident expert in your field.
Online course is open to the student 24 hours per day. The course duration is up to 12 weeks and the student can start as soon as they register and purchase. The course can be completed at the students pace. Students have access to forums, groups, wikis, social media, resources and materials at all times.
The following is a basic topic Overview of the interactive video tutorials in this course. Course includes audio, video, interactions, mini-quizzes, exercises and exams:
1. Orientation + Introduction to Online Learning
2. How to Navigate This Course and Portal - Tour
3. About CEU’s and Certification
4. Identify Learning Outcomes for this course
5. Setting up your profile, meeting other students
6. Review Course Contents
7. Online Quiz
8. Introduce the Concepts of Color
9. Discover the Undertones and Temperature of Color
10. History of Color Analysis
11. Color Theory - FSI exclusive 2D+3D=EZ Color System
12. Simple Color Systems Clients Can Understand
13. The Color Analysis Steps Explained
14. Video #2 - How to Mix Primary to Get Secondary
15. Interaction Slideshow - identify mixing colors
16. Sequence Learning Game
17. How to Mix RGB Colors
18. Video Tutorial - How to Use Tech Tools to Identify Inherent Color
19. How to Use Color Drapes
20. Fabric Swatch Demonstration
21. Learner Demonstration
22. Creating the Fan for the Client
23. Learner Demonstration
24. Defining Contrast Levels in Skin Tones
25. Demo - identify inherent colors
26. Business Marketing
27. One Final Exam: 25 Multiple Choice, True/False, 3 Essay Questions
28. Two Final Essays
29. One Niche Market Statement Project
30. One Final Color Collage Assignment – images supplied
31. Course Completion Steps, Exit interviews
The training plan for the course includes the following required viewing modules:
- Quiz #1 Skin Tone Analysis - “Determining Skin Coloring"
- Quiz #2 Slideshow- Determine Cool or Warm Undertone
- Color Analysis Video - an actual color analysis session
- Tools for Color Consulting Video
- Audio/Video - Close Up of Eye Pigmentation
- Sequenced Video - How to Identify Undertones by Color Pigmentation in Skin
- The Draping Process Video
- Exercise: learner/ Identify undertones in prints and fabrics
- Exercise: learner/ Identify inherent colors in hair, eyes and skin tone
- Video #4 How to Style a Color Analysis Photo Shoot or Video
Color? Online? Yes, you can study color online. Our grads are proof positive.
Grade Scale is standard: Grading Policy – Overall assessment for this course is based on critical writings, discussion question responses, essays, group collaborations and pop quizzes.
· 90-100 = A
· 80-89 = B
· 70-79 = C
· 60-69 = D
· Below 60 = F
How to Do a Color Analysis; Ten Steps to Successful Consulting by Gillian Armour, MCC Volume 2, 2014 ISBN 9781461028116
This Business Called Image; An Owner’s Manual by Gillian Armour, CIP Volume 2, 2014 ISBN978-1479183043
BONUS Course – Start Up Your Image Business Seminar
There are ten parts (10 one hour seminars) to this BONUS course and we will be reviewing each of these crucial start-up steps in depth. Students are offered tutorial videos within the seminar along with interactive exercises and will be tasked with projects designed to stimulate starting a business today! Participants have 30 days of access to the seminar and can review as many times as needed in that 30 days.
2. Getting to Know Your Image Business
3. Legal Basics
4. Marketing + Promotion
5. Branding + Logo, Image, Name
6. What Do I Charge?
7. Your Online Marketing Toolbox
8. Build a Successful Business (your services, speaking, customer service skills)
9. Creative Promoting
10. Business Start Up Info
In addition to knowledge of Color Consulting Steps the stated learning objectives for this course include:
- identify the two undertones of skin coloring.
- define what a “hue” is.
- classify color combinations (such as complementary) from the color wheel.
- interactively practice a ten step color analysis with a client.
- complete two color collages based on color temperature
- describe low, medium and high contrast concepts.
Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Complete a Professional Color Analysis
- Identify Warm and Cool Skin Undertones
- Test and Repeat Your Knowledge of Best Colors to Wear
- Practice Storyboarding, Styling and Color Coordinating
- Determine Skin Coloring Categories
- Use Tools for Color Consulting
- Determine Eye Pigmentation
- Identify Undertones by Color Pigmentation in Skin
- Complete The Draping Process
- Identify undertones in prints and fabrics
- Identify inherent colors in hair, eyes and skin tone
All materials are included in the cost of the course.
- Student/ Course Professional Training Manual
- Free E-Book “Your Image Talks; Career Manual”
- Best Colors To Wear
- Color Analysis Determination Questionnaire
- 8 Color Charts Identifying Best Colors For Clients
- Palette Tester Pages
- Resource And Links Guide To Powerful Online Color Tools
- Confidentiality Agreement Form
- Your Fee’s Worksheet
- Client Invoice Template
- Monthly Income Template
- Up To Date Trend One-Sheets
- Postcard Templates For Use In Marketing Your Business
- Free Customizable Forms To Help You In Your New Business
- Free E-Book "This Business Called Image" With Step By Step Guidelines For Starting Your Business
- QR Code Badge Html Snippet To Add To Your Website For Easy Credential Referencing
- Free Graduate Directory Listing And Personal Web Page With Review/Star Options
- Ongoing Access To Global Image And Style Networking Groups
- Updated Daily News And RSS Fashion Feeds
- Monthly Industry News Blasts
- Ongoing Mentorship And Support
- Image Tools To Help You Grow Your Business
- Royalty Free Image And Fashion Photographs (discounted price for graduates)
- Royalty Free Power Point Seminars With Student And Presenter Manuals (discounted price for graduates)
- First Notifications For Events, Special Prices, New Courses
- Access to Free Webinars
- Notification of New Seminars
*CEU’s are NOT required in order to operate a consulting practice but are awarded as evidence of completion. Final certifications and reports will state the student’s name, course of study and CEU’s, ILU’s and Training Hours earned.
FSI CEU’s – FSI is a continuing education training institute and as such can offer Continuing Education Units. FSI CEU’s are awarded based on the following grade scale A through B = 80% to 100% score and the following achievements: Completion of all training modules, quizzes, final certification exam, discussion group participation, learning objectives, training objectives, feedback, evaluation and testimonial.
One CEU equals ten contact training hours. FSI learner training hours are recorded within the learning portal. Students and administrators have access to these reports at all times.
CEUs were created as a way to document education and training in specifically developed activities for adult learners in a variety of disciplines. One CEU is defined as “10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction and qualified instruction.”
FSI created its CEU program based on the fundamentals set down by I.A.C.E.T. (the standard for continuing education credits). FSI’s instructional programs seek to enrich graduate’s knowledge, improve their skills, and develop their business opportunities. FSI training also adheres to the core competencies for image study set down by major image associations. These core competencies are noted in each course introduction.
I.L.U. = FSI is an authorized ILU awarding entity. FSI awards ALL graduates International Learning Units. The ILU is the standard awarding unit for all professional/ certificate based online courses. The ILU teaches to the objectives of the course and hence the student achieves professional knowledge and is tested for this achievement and to earn certification status.
In order to earn ILU’S students must achieve all learning objectives listed, pass a final exam with an 80% score, complete all essays, pop quizzes, contribute to discussions and demonstrate appropriate verbal and written etiquette. The competencies for earning this award are detailed within the course portal on the students account. One ILU is equal to ten hours of recorded training time.
TH (Training Hours) = this course awards training hours. Training hours can be used to record achievement for required documentation for higher career certifications. Graduates of this course are provided with an officially documented tally of their training, study and online time participation.
Earning CEU’s is not a requirement for studying with FSI, however, learners who need CEU’s in order to fulfill other educational requirements (advanced applications for example) will need to complete their own associations approval prior to CEU awarding by FSI. Contact us if you have questions or concerns regarding CEU’s.
All graduates of FSI receive an online education digital badge upon graduation. This digital badge indicates they have achieved education from a Certified Education Credit and Training Hour Awarding Course. Digital badges are recognized as proof that students have successfully completed disciplines in online fashion education and have passed final exams that qualify them to train and work in their badge title discipline. FSI digital badges are embedded with code custom to the student’s achievements. When placed on your website (or other templates) these badges direct your potential employers, clients or school admins to your certification skill set.
*Only those graduates with registered IP addresses and complete course results are eligible to use this digital badge. Students successfully completing requirements for certification will be sent access to links for posting their badge upon course close. Clients seeking confirmation of legitimate badge use and graduate details can contact us at any time. We act as a powerful referral and resource network for our graduates and other professionals. Students are encouraged to list their websites, blogs and professional credentials with us at no charge.
Certification: learners completing all course expectations and objectives successfully are awarded PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION from Fashion Stylist Institute.
For more detailed questions regarding the course process you can also visit our F.A.Q. forum:
Graduate feedback about this course:
I have been searching for a “Certified Color Analysis” course for a long time, and I am happy that I chose the Fashion Stylist Institute. I was looking for a course where I can learn how to work with clients, how to do color analysis and especially how to drape fabric. I also wanted to learn how to explain to clients what the best colors she/he can choose. A lot of fashion schools offer this class offline, but, unfortunately, students who live in another city/country cannot take the class. I think that online courses from Fashion Stylist Institute are a great opportunity for people who would like to improve their knowledge but cannot travel/change their place of living. I also think that distance learning is a very useful system of education, because you can learn at your own pace. I think that the website of the Fashion Stylist Institute is well organized, easy to use and well designed.
I have thoroughly enjoyed the Color Analysis Certification Course. Performing a color analysis on a client is an area that I felt less than confident about - but your system is simple and easy to understand and easy to demonstrate and explain to a client. I look forward to using your drape system and color analysis tools in my business. In addition, the color fans you have designed are beautiful - I think clients will love them. The course modules, assignments and resources were fun and full of up-to-date and interesting information - I look forward to the ongoing mentoring and continuous learning opportunities you provide. Thank you, P Dunning, USA
I found a lot of sites who provided and offered these type of services but actually it didn’t convince me for two reasons: 1- I was looking for professionalism 2- How can I get this practical knowledge online? Well I can’t deny that these researches took a lot of my time until I found “Fashion Stylist Institute” F.S.I. When I read about the courses details, I felt the professionalism and credibility. I browsed many sites before I joined F.S.I. so I can judge efficiently. Thanks GOD, finally I took my decision and enrolled at Color Analysis Consultant course. There are a lot of resources, manuals, forms, video tutorials which helped me in my practical training. They are such an informative, consistence, and professional courses. Also I should mention the great support of my teacher who helped me by putting me on the right track quickly and answered all of my questions immediately. The program of the course not only gave me the specific informations about color analysis but also provide me with all informations and tools to start my own business, so I can stand alone in this competitive field to be a distinctive Color Analysis Consultant . Now I know my goal clearly. Thank you Mrs. Gillian for your help. I really enjoyed the course and I’ll continue with F.S.I. to complete those wonderful and amazing courses. Yassen , Jeddah
Optional: If you would like to pay via Paypal click paypal AT CHECKOUT.
*PayPal offers Bill Me Later for payments if you are approved. When you check out with Paypal you will be taken to their website where you will log in or create an account, sign up for BillMeLater and then continue the checkout process. See FAQ for details.