Certified Fashion Blogger Course
Certified Fashion Blogger Course
Become a Fashion Writer and Style Influencer!
FASHION BLOGGER CERTIFICATION COURSE
Train to be a Certified Fashion Blogger
"The information, tools, and suggestions from this course will improve my blogging skills, editorial scheduling, and site marketing." Thai Loe
As image, style and fashion consultants, we are always looked to for our expertise. What better way to disseminate our tips, tools and techniques than by writing about them? What the fashion industry needs are people who can tap into the world as it is today—innovative thinkers who can make the leap into the new millennium and figure out how to solve old problems in a new way. Blogs are a new and powerful tool for original thinkers "in-dwellers" with fresh ideas to disseminate information to the millions of people who are struggling to figure out how to do a plethora of different things. Study today to become a certified fashion blogger and take your business to a whole other level!
The following is a basic topic Overview of the interactive video tutorials in this course. Course includes audio, video, interactions, mini-quizzes, exercises and exams:
- Review benefits of a blog
- Determine ways to earn money as a blogger
- Identify layout in a blog website
- Determine an audience
- Identify a “voice” style of writing
- Examine appropriate style writing guides
- Describe Search Engine Optimization methods
- Design a blog page with WordPress
- Determine a brand message
- Define a brand niche market
- Identify blog host providers
- Review marketing and earning strategies
- Identify differences in advertising and affiliate marketing principles
- Demonstrate important legal parameters for blog posts
- Explain concepts of negative feedback
- Complete 7 projects/ exercises
- Design a two page blog
- Use Professional Techniques In Fashion Blogging and Writing
- Compose, edit and write a blog post
- Use blog for marketing purposes
- Create additional products from blog articles and posts
- Promote writing via Social Media networks
- Guest blog as a means to expanding audience
- Present a professional fashion blog online
BONUS Course – Start Up Your Image Business Seminar
There are ten parts (10 one hour seminars) to this BONUS course and we will be reviewing each of these crucial start-up steps in depth. Students are offered tutorial videos within the seminar along with interactive exercises and will be tasked with projects designed to stimulate starting a business today! Participants have 30 days of access to the seminar and can review as many times as needed in that 30 days.
2. Getting to Know Your Image Business
3. Legal Basics
4. Marketing + Promotion
5. Branding + Logo, Image, Name
6. What Do I Charge?
7. Your Online Marketing Toolbox
8. Build a Successful Business (your services, speaking, customer service skills)
9. Creative Promoting
10. Business Start Up Info
Grade Scale is standard: Grading Policy – Overall assessment for this course is based on critical writings, discussion question responses, essays, group collaborations and pop quizzes.
- 90-100 = A
- 80-89 = B
- 70-79 = C
- 60-69 = D
- Below 60 = F
Your Fashion Blog Start-Up Guide by Gillian Armour, CFS Volume 1, 2014 ISBN978-1499172348
This Business Called Image; An Owner’s Manual by Gillian Armour, CIP Volume 2, 2014 ISBN978-1479183043
Expected Learning Outcomes for students:
After successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Use their blog to brand their business
- Use S.E.O. marketing techniques to promote blog
- Produce original photographs and images
- Describe three characteristics of Web writing
- Assess current writing strengths and where they need improvement
- Define persona and how it helps Web authors
- Identify the audience for three Web sites
- Describe how to choose the best words for Web content
- Describe six best practices for Web writing
- Describe what a blog and a blog site has to offer
- Describe the audience for a blog they have written
- Describe three methods for making Web content accessible
- Explain why it's not a good idea to link to "click here"
- Demonstrate best practices in their Web content for accessibility, by using ALT TEXT descriptions, not embedding text in graphics, and writing meaningful links
- Describe three reasons why links can be annoying
- Demonstrate how to write meaningful links in their Web content
- Describe why an image is right for various types of content
- Demonstrate effective use of images by including images that are right for the content, help tell the story, and don't annoy
- Name their favorite style guide and why they've chosen it
All materials are included in the cost of the course.
- Professional Training Manual
- Free e-book “Federal Laws and Guidelines for Bloggers”
- Disclosure Agreements, Policies and Affiliate Marketing Rules
- Forms, worksheets and resource list
Begin Writing Today - Start Your Blog in School and Get Crucial Feedback
- Free Customizable Forms To Help You In Your New Business
- Free E-Book "This Business Called Image" With Step By Step Guidelines For Starting Your Business
- QR Code Badge Html Snippet To Add To Your Website For Easy Credential Referencing
- Free Graduate Directory Listing And Personal Web Page With Review/Star Options
- Ongoing Access To Global Image And Style Networking Groups
- Updated Daily News And RSS Fashion Feeds
- Monthly Industry News Blasts
- Ongoing Mentorship And Support
- Image Tools To Help You Grow Your Business
- Royalty Free Image And Fashion Photographs (discounted price for graduates)
- Royalty Free Power Point Seminars With Student And Presenter Manuals (discounted price for graduates)
- First Notifications For Events, Special Prices, New Courses
- Access to Free Webinars
- Notification of New Seminars
*CEU’s are NOT required in order to operate a consulting practice but are awarded as evidence of completion. Final certifications and reports will state the student’s name, course of study and CEU’s, ILU’s and Training Hours earned.
FSI CEU’s – FSI is a continuing education training institute and as such can offer Continuing Education Units. FSI CEU’s are awarded based on the following grade scale A through B = 80% to 100% score and the following achievements: Completion of all training modules, quizzes, final certification exam, discussion group participation, learning objectives, training objectives, feedback, evaluation and testimonial.
AICI CEU's As an authorized CEU Provider, AICI has approved this program/course for 1.0 CEU. Earning CEUs is not a requirement of general membership with AICI. However, if you are currently certified through AICI with CIC, CIP or CIM then you must earn CEUs to retain certification. To earn CEU’s students must successfully complete a final exam of 25 questions with a passing score or 80% or higher, complete two written essays and create a custom blog in their final project. Students must also complete the supplied Participant Training Evaluation form at the end of this program. You may not submit this form at a later date. Please note that this course is a training approved by the Association of Image Consultants International (AICI). Certification, earned through the trainer upon completion of this course, is entirely independent from AICI’s professional certification programs. (If you wish to pursue AICI Certification, please refer to AICI’s website at http://www.aici.org/)
One CEU equals ten contact training hours. FSI learner training hours are recorded within the learning portal. Students and administrators have access to these reports at all times.
CEUs were created as a way to document education and training in specifically developed activities for adult learners in a variety of disciplines. One CEU is defined as “10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction and qualified instruction.”
FSI created its CEU program based on the fundamentals set down by L.E.R.N. FSI’s instructional programs seek to enrich graduate’s knowledge, improve their skills, and develop their business opportunities. FSI training also adheres to the core competencies for image study set down by major image associations. These core competencies are noted in each course introduction.
I.L.U. = FSI is an authorized ILU (Internet Learning Unit) awarding entity from LERN.org. FSI awards ALL graduates International Learning Units. The ILU is the standard awarding unit for all professional/ certificate based online courses. The ILU teaches to the objectives of the course and hence the student achieves professional knowledge and is tested for this achievement and to earn certification status.
In order to earn ILU’S students must achieve all learning objectives listed, pass a final exam with an 80% score, complete all essays, pop quizzes, contribute to discussions and demonstrate appropriate verbal and written etiquette. The competencies for earning this award are detailed within the course portal on the students account. One ILU is equal to ten hours of recorded training time.
TH (Training Hours) = this course awards training hours. Training hours can be used to record achievement for required documentation for higher career certifications. Graduates of this course are provided with an officially documented tally of their training, study and online time participation.
Earning CEU’s is not a requirement for studying with FSI, however, learners who need CEU’s in order to fulfill other educational requirements (advanced applications for example) will need to complete their own associations approval prior to CEU awarding by FSI. Contact us if you have questions or concerns regarding CEU’s.
All graduates of FSI receive an online education digital badge upon graduation. This digital badge indicates they have achieved education from a Certified Education Credit and Training Hour Awarding Course. Digital badges are recognized as proof that students have successfully completed disciplines in online fashion education and have passed final exams that qualify them to train and work in their badge title discipline. FSI digital badges are embedded with code custom to the student’s achievements. When placed on your website (or other templates) these badges direct your potential employers, clients or school admins to your certification skill set.
*Only those graduates with registered IP addresses and complete course results are eligible to use this digital badge. Students successfully completing requirements for certification will be sent access to links for posting their badge upon course close. Clients seeking confirmation of legitimate badge use and graduate details can contact us at any time. We act as a powerful referral and resource network for our graduates and other professionals. Students are encouraged to list their websites, blogs and professional credentials with us at no charge.
Certification: learners completing all course expectations and objectives successfully are awarded PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION from Fashion Stylist Institute.
For more detailed questions regarding the course process you can also visit our F.A.Q. forum:
Graduate feedback about this course:
I would like to thank you for providing and teaching such great programs and materials. I had a trully enjoyable learning experience within the Fashion Image Institute. I have taken three great courses : Power Image Consultant, Colour Analysis Consultant, a Fashion Blogger, and I do not regret a one thing about it. More over, I am planning on taking even more courses with Fashion [Stylist] Institute. All of the course[s] were well organised, effective and straight-to-the-point. The modules in [the] Fashion Blogger Course allow [you] to start building your actual blog while you are still on the course. I received a lot of useful information, which I did not find in other books I was reading on How to do your own Blog, or How to be a professional Blogger, etc. I also liked the fact that the information in the courses provided was up-to-date, and the materials provided at the completion of the each course are great help for starting your business immediately. Thank you for providing such quality programs. I now feel even more confident in building my blog as well as my main image consultancy business and serving my clients more efficiently! Anna Heenan, Certified Fashion Blogger
Dear Ms. Armour, I just finished the FSI Certified Fashion Blogger course. What a wonderful introduction to a diverse and quickly evolving topic. The content of the course could be useful for someone starting their first blog or yet another blog. Blogging was never my primary focus but I have dabbled in blogging in the past, with limited success. The information, tools, and suggestions from this course will improve my blogging skills, editorial scheduling, and site marketing. I am confident the next blog I create will be far more successful than the last, which is great because continuous improvement is a key goal. Kaizen! Sincerely, Thai L.
I have to compliment you on such an engaging and horizon broadening course! I learned SO much, not just about the initial subject matter (blogging) but it opened several new worlds to me as I searched out answers to various assignment questions. This occurrence was the icing on the cake for me. The course was entertaining, applicable and thought provoking. The delivery platform works well (online, was my choice) and on the few occasions that it didn't, help was never more than a quick email away. I appreciated the fact that each assignment came with teachers comments, which assisted in me understanding somethings more in-depth and that they never took long to grade. I will be taking at least one (possibly two) more courses within the next few months and I can't wait to do them, this was really fun for me and how often can you say that about course work? Thank you for such a delightful experience, this school has been a great way for me to dip my toe into the new career that I've chosen, feeling really prepared and excited about the prospects! Warmly, Joan Davidson
Optional: If you would like to pay via Paypal click paypal AT CHECKOUT.
*PayPal offers Bill Me Later for payments if you are approved. When you check out with Paypal you will be taken to their website where you will log in or create an account, sign up for BillMeLater and then continue the checkout process. See FAQ for details.