Certified Fashion Show Producer Course
Certified Fashion Show Producer Course
Enter the Exciting World of Fashion Show Production!
CERTIFIED FASHION SHOW PRODUCER COURSE
Professional Training and Business Start Up Course
" I was stretched out of my comfort zone to a new area of style." Tramaine Fester
Fashion shows are an important component in the career of a fashion fan. We attend them, we view them, and we anxiously await their appearance at fashion week. The fashion show is the penultimate event for a fashion designer, showcasing their ideas, hard work, brand message and artistic abilities. If you are a fashion, image and style professional seeking to expand your service base then adding the certification as a fashion show event producer to your resume is critical. This is a career that can make you a success and earn you a good living. And, it’s fun! Whether you start small with regional or local shows held in a boutique or as a fund raiser or produce a big catwalk show for a client, this course will train you to handle both small and large events.
This professional course will supply students with the tools to execute their own fashion related events and shows. Training clarifies the nature of the ever-changing fashion show. It includes practical applications on how to successfully produce a fashion show and related events. Students will gain a firm command of industry terminology, ideas, as well as practical application of skills and concepts. Upon successful completion of this certificate course students will be able to plan, produce, execute, style and evaluate a professional fashion show.
Online course is open to the student 24 hours per day. The course duration is up to 12 weeks and the student can start as soon as they register and purchase. The course can be completed at the students pace. Students have access to forums, groups, wikis, social media, resources and materials at all times.
The following is a basic topic Overview of the interactive video tutorials in this course. Course includes audio, video, interactions, mini-quizzes, exercises and exams:
1. About The Course And Online Learning
2. How To Navigate The Online Course
3. Course Requirements And CEU Statements
4. Introduction To The Fashion Show Producer Course And Career
5. Introducing The Project; Defining Your Role
6. Storyboard Your Theme, Including Music Selection And Décor
7. Create A Working Title For Your Show
8. Planning Your Show
9. Budget, Planning Calendar And Timeline
10. Using The Templates And Worksheets
11. Create A Planning Calendar
12. Create A Timeline
13. Create A Budget
14. Promoting Your Show
15. Write A Press Release For Your Show
16. Develop A Media Kit
17. Create Invitations, Save The Date, And E-vites
18. Create A Facebook Fan Page Or Blog
19. Selecting And Styling Models And Merchandise
20. Hold A Model Casting
21. The Contact Sheet
22. The Custom Model Release Form
23. The Custom Model Application Form
24. The Model Line Up For The Show
25. Pull And Inventory Merchandise
26. Merchandise Selection Record Sheet
27. Creating Style Boards
28. Begin The Style Note Book
29. Creating The Show Space, Selecting The Music And Final Line Up
30. Basic Layout And Floor Plan
31. Create A Back Room Supplies List
32. Setting Up The Model Board, Call Sheet and Fashion Track
33. Styling The Models
34. Running The Show
35. The Production Show Timeline
36. Your Contingency Plan
37. Check In Sheet For: Models, Staff And Volunteers
38. Thank You Notes Post-Show
39. Evaluating The Show Using The Templates And Worksheets At The End Of The Module:
40. Final Evaluations For The Show
Fashion Show Producers Are the Fashion Industries Event Planners
Expected Learning Outcomes for students:
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
· Gain a clear understanding of the history of the fashion show, and functions of the fashion show.
· Demonstrate knowledge of fashion Industry Terminology, Categories of fashion shows, and the role of the producer.
· Demonstrate the ability to calendar a task and time line list for a fashion show production cycle.
· Create and develop a show theme, title, marketing and design plan.
· Develop a communication system and act as liaison to convey information regarding the show to all designers and other show production team members.
· Develop and work a Marketing and PR Plan utilizing both social media and traditional marketing methods.
· Plan and develop the show’s physical and creative space design.
· Develop a show budget.
· Plan and define the requirements for show workers, models, dressers, stage hands, DJs, caterers, entertainers, volunteers, stylists etc. and, participate in securing those workers.
· Pull Merchandise, set up style racks (tracks), style models and use style boards in a show.
· Demonstrate the ability to evaluate production team members, models, audience and the show.
· Produce and execute a real or virtual fashion show.
The Student Resources area has helpful tools and resources available to you for use throughout this course:
All forms and planners
Course manual and slide notes
Over 50 accessible web resources
Tip sheets for starting your business
Marketing and promotional ideas to increase business and get clients
· Course Length: Up to 12 Weeks
· Contact Hours: 40 Hours - estimated
· Lecture: 20 Hours- estimated
· Lab: 5 Hours - estimated
· Credit Value: 2 Credits
· Suggested Resources: Current fashion magazines, trade publications, forecasting services, and Internet sites.
· Materials: Optional (not required for the course) Notebook, pencil, pen, three ring binders
· Estimated Homework: Three to four hours
Grade Scale is standard: Grading Policy – Overall assessment for this course is based on critical writings, discussion question responses, essays, group collaborations and pop quizzes.
Optional Textbook: How To Produce a Fashion Show From A-Z, Prentice Hall By Paula Taylor
Access to all Planners and Forms in the Course
Check In Easy Software Guide
Examples of Supply Plans and Seating Charts
Fashion Show Model Info Planner
Fashion Show Timeline Planner
Merchandise Selection Record Templates
Model Release Forms
Sample Evaluation and Survey Forms
Seating Plan Template
Student/ Course Professional Training Manual
Styling Book Pages Template
Theme Ideas for Shows
Free Customizable Forms To Help You In Your New Business
QR Code Badge Html Snippet To Add To Your Website For Easy Credential Referencing
Free Directory Listing
Ongoing Access To Global Image And Style Networking Groups
Updated Daily News And RSS Fashion Feeds
Monthly Industry News Blasts
Royalty Free Image And Fashion Photographs (discounted price for graduates)
Royalty Free Power Point Seminars With Student And Presenter Manuals (discounted price for graduates)
First Notifications For Events, Special Prices, New Courses
Access to Free Webinars
Notification of New Seminars
*CEU’s are NOT required in order to operate a consulting practice but are awarded as evidence of completion. Final certifications and reports will state the student’s name, course of study and CEU’s, ILU’s and Training Hours earned.
FSI CEU’s – FSI is a continuing education training institute and as such can offer Continuing Education Units. FSI CEU’s are awarded based on the following grade scale A through B = 80% to 100% score and the following achievements: Completion of all training modules, quizzes, final certification exam, discussion group participation, learning objectives, training objectives, feedback, evaluation and testimonial.
One CEU equals ten contact training hours. FSI learner training hours are recorded within the learning portal. Students and administrators have access to these reports at all times.
CEUs were created as a way to document education and training in specifically developed activities for adult learners in a variety of disciplines. One CEU is defined as “10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction and qualified instruction.”
FSI created its CEU program based on the fundamentals set down by I.A.C.E.T. (the standard for continuing education credits). FSI’s instructional programs seek to enrich graduate’s knowledge, improve their skills, and develop their business opportunities. FSI training also adheres to the core competencies for image study set down by major image associations. These core competencies are noted in each course introduction.
I.L.U. = FSI is an authorized ILU awarding entity. FSI awards ALL graduates International Learning Units. The ILU is the standard awarding unit for all professional/ certificate based online courses. The ILU teaches to the objectives of the course and hence the student achieves professional knowledge and is tested for this achievement and to earn certification status.
In order to earn ILU’S students must achieve all learning objectives listed, pass a final exam with an 80% score, complete all essays, pop quizzes, contribute to discussions and demonstrate appropriate verbal and written etiquette. The competencies for earning this award are detailed within the course portal on the students account. One ILU is equal to ten hours of recorded training time.
TH (Training Hours) = this course awards training hours. Training hours can be used to record achievement for required documentation for higher career certifications. Graduates of this course are provided with an officially documented tally of their training, study and online time participation.
Earning CEU’s is not a requirement for studying with FSI, however, learners who need CEU’s in order to fulfill other educational requirements (advanced applications for example) will need to complete their own associations approval prior to CEU awarding by FSI. Contact us if you have questions or concerns regarding CEU’s.
All graduates of FSI receive an online education digital badge upon graduation. This digital badge indicates they have achieved education from a Certified Education Credit and Training Hour Awarding Course. Digital badges are recognized as proof that students have successfully completed disciplines in online fashion education and have passed final exams that qualify them to train and work in their badge title discipline. FSI digital badges are embedded with code custom to the student’s achievements. When placed on your website (or other templates) these badges direct your potential employers, clients or school admins to your certification skill set.
*Only those graduates with registered IP addresses and complete course results are eligible to use this digital badge. Students successfully completing requirements for certification will be sent access to links for posting their badge upon course close. Clients seeking confirmation of legitimate badge use and graduate details can contact us at any time. We act as a powerful referral and resource network for our graduates and other professionals. Students are encouraged to list their websites, blogs and professional credentials with us at no charge.
Certification: learners completing all course expectations and objectives successfully are awarded PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION from Fashion Stylist Institute.
For more detailed questions regarding the course process you can also visit our F.A.Q. forum:
Graduate feedback about this course:
Dear Ms. Armour, The Certified Fashion Show Producer course is the fourth one that I have taken from the Fashion Style Institute so I had expectations before starting. This course, like the others, was detailed, informative, and comprehensive. I appreciate the level of expertise and professionalism that you include in the curriculum and look forward to applying the concepts to future show productions and my career. Thank you for the training. Sincerely, Thai L.
Dear Ms. Armour, I have taken classes under you before, but the Fashion Show Producer course was a challenge for me. Even though I have produced a fashion show before this course has given be more insight [and] more helpful tips. I was stretched out of my comfort zone to a new area of style. All the modules and materials were very detailed and informative. I have taken what I have learned into practice when I produce my next fashion show. I always come back to FSI for training because it’s affordable, easy to navigate and the instructors are always there for assistance. I want to say thank you for the Image Consultant I have become and looking forward to see where the skills that you have given me will take me and my business. Tramaine, Certified Fashion Show Producer