Certified Fashion Stylist Course
Certified Fashion Stylist Course
Fashion Stylists are the Fashion Industries New Influencers!
FASHION STYLIST CERTIFICATION COURSE
Start Your Career as a Professional Fashion Stylist Today
"Getting my "Fashion Stylist Certification through your company has been one of the best investment decisions I have made."
Fashion styling is a complex and competitive field. If your goal is to work with models, photographers, fashion designers, creative directors or editors, this course will prepare you by giving you both the basics of fashion styling and the creative eye to succeed in the fashion world. You’ll learn the foundations of fashion styling as well as how to identify historic fashion references, how to create style plans for high-profile and celebrity clients, how to style private clients, how to style specifically for films, and how to draw and illustrate your concepts.
Online course is open to the student 24 hours per day. The course duration is up to 12 weeks and the student can start as soon as they register and purchase. The course can be completed at the students pace. Students have access to forums, groups, wikis, social media, resources and materials at all times.
The following is a basic topic Overview of the interactive video tutorials in this course. Course includes audio, video, interactions, mini-quizzes, exercises and exams:
1. How to Navigate The Online Course
2. How the Course Works
3. Course Requirements
4. Skills for Styling Success
5. Textiles and Fashion
6. The History of Styling
7. Fashion Today
8. Fashion Styling Consultation Process
9. Getting Work + Career Options
10. Developing Personal Clients
11. Facilitating Body Shape Analysis
12. Dress & Style Basics
13. Body Shape Analysis Training
14. The 5 Figure Shapes
15. Style Personality Consulting
16. Color Theory
17. Color Basics
18. Hairstyle and Makeup Training
19. Professional Client Analysis Book
20. Shopping Preferences and Plans
21. Wardrobe Styling
22. Personal Shopping
23. Setting Up Your Business
24. Business Basics
25. How to Measure – Video Tutorial
26. How to Style – Interactive Styling Exercises Video Tutorial
27. Proportion and Balance – how to proportion clothing combinations Video Tutorial
28. Five Assignments
29. One Final Exam: 25 Multiple Choice, True/False, 3 Essay Questions
30. Two Final Essays
31. One Niche Market Statement Project
32. One Final Styling Assignment - students must complete a digital photograph/ styling project
"I really feel like the instructors care about me and my success as a stylist."
ADDITIONAL TRAINING SEMINARS INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE:
Fashion 101 – nine two hour classes on the important fundamental studies of fashion design elements and principles.
Video Tutorial: Basic Apparel Styles, Terms and Pronunciations enables learners a command of correct usage of key terms used in fashion styling.
Facial Shape Class – how to determine a client’s facial shape and angles for appropriate accessory wear.
How to Style Video Tutorials – with audio instructions on how to dress each of the five body shapes.
How to Pull and Style a Fashion Show
How to Proportion and Balance Clothing in Styling
How to Coordinate Fashion (Prints, patterns, textures and angles)
BONUS Course – Start Up Your Image Business Seminar
There are ten parts (10 one hour seminars) to this BONUS course and we will be reviewing each of these crucial start-up steps in depth. Students are offered tutorial videos within the seminar along with interactive exercises and will be tasked with projects designed to stimulate starting a business today! Participants have 30 days of access to the seminar and can review as many times as needed in that 30 days.
2. Getting to Know Your Image Business
3. Legal Basics
4. Marketing + Promotion
5. Branding + Logo, Image, Name
6. What Do I Charge?
7. Your Online Marketing Toolbox
8. Build a Successful Business (your services, speaking, customer service skills)
9. Creative Promoting
10. Business Start Up Info
Grade Scale is standard: Grading Policy – Overall assessment for this course is based on critical writings, discussion question responses, essays, group collaborations and pop quizzes.
- 90-100 = A
- 80-89 = B
- 70-79 = C
- 60-69 = D
- Below 60 = F
Fashion Stylist; Career Fashion, Image and Style Guide by Gillian Armour, CFS Volume 2, 2014 ISBN978-1450588102
This Business Called Image; An Owner’s Manual by Gillian Armour, CIP Volume 2, 2014 ISBN978-1479183043
- identify five industries a Fashion Stylist can work in
- discuss the history of fashion styling
- identify five skills and talents I need as a Fashion Stylist
- process the ten steps of an image consultation
- identify appropriate clothing styles for a particular bodyshape
- know the six steps for styling an outfit for a story
After successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Use Professional Techniques In Fashion Styling
- Create Style Plans For Celebrity (And Other) Clients
- Identify Historic Era's In Clothing History
- Identify Historic Fashion References
- Master Professional Wardrobe Styling For Film
- Collage And Illustrate Styling Concepts
- Identify Angled And Curved Body And Facial Shapes
- Measure A Client To Analyze Their Body Shape
- Identify Five Body Shapes For Women
- Define What A Combination Figure Type Is
All materials are included in the cost of the course.
- Student/ Course Professional Training Manual
- Free e-book “Your Image Talks; Career Manual”
- Body Shape Clothing Silhouettes Guidebook (All Body Shapes)
- Customizable Shopping Planners included
- Style Personality Quiz Worksheet
- Client Follow Up/ Evaluation Form
- Closet Edit Questionnaires and Forms
- Confidentiality Agreement Form
- Your Fee’s Worksheet
- Client Invoice Template
- Monthly Income Template
- Personal Shopper Postcard Template
- Weekly Schedule Template
- Action Plan for Clients
- Body Proportion Analysis
- Client Needs Analysis Form
- Image Consultation Survey Forms
- Introduction Letter to Prospective Clients
- Male Application and Measurement Charts
- Personal Style Questionnaire
- and many more
- Free Customizable Forms To Help You In Your New Business
- Free E-Book "This Business Called Image" With Step By Step Guidelines For Starting Your Business
- QR Code Badge Html Snippet To Add To Your Website For Easy Credential Referencing
- Free Graduate Directory Listing And Personal Web Page With Review/Star Options
- Ongoing Access To Global Image And Style Networking Groups
- Updated Daily News And RSS Fashion Feeds
- Monthly Industry News Blasts
- Ongoing Mentorship And Support
- Image Tools To Help You Grow Your Business
- Royalty Free Image And Fashion Photographs (discounted price for graduates)
- Royalty Free Power Point Seminars With Student And Presenter Manuals (discounted price for graduates)
- First Notifications For Events, Special Prices, New Courses
- Access to Free Webinars
- Notification of New Seminars
*CEU’s are NOT required in order to operate a consulting practice but are awarded as evidence of completion. Final certifications and reports will state the student’s name, course of study and CEU’s, ILU’s and Training Hours earned.
FSI CEU’s – FSI is a continuing education training institute and as such can offer Continuing Education Units. FSI CEU’s are awarded based on the following grade scale A through B = 80% to 100% score and the following achievements: Completion of all training modules, quizzes, final certification exam, discussion group participation, learning objectives, training objectives, feedback, evaluation and testimonial.
AICI CEU's As an authorized CEU Provider, AICI has approved this program/course for 1.0 CEU. Earning CEUs is not a requirement of general membership with AICI. However, if you are currently certified through AICI with CIC, CIP or CIM then you must earn CEUs to retain certification. To earn CEU’s students must successfully complete a final exam of 25 questions with a passing score or 80% or higher, complete two written essays and one final styling project. Students must also complete the supplied Participant Training Evaluation form at the end of this program. You may not submit this form at a later date. When you earn CEUs, AICI Headquarters is notified and your permanent record is updated. You may request a copy of your CEU record by contacting AICI Headquarters. Please note that this course is a training approved by the Association of Image Consultants International (AICI). Certification, earned through the trainer upon completion of this course, is entirely independent from AICI’s professional certification programs. (If you wish to pursue AICI Certification, please refer to AICI’s website at http://www.aici.org/)
One CEU equals ten contact training hours. FSI learner training hours are recorded within the learning portal. Students and administrators have access to these reports at all times.
CEUs were created as a way to document education and training in specifically developed activities for adult learners in a variety of disciplines. One CEU is defined as “10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction and qualified instruction.”
FSI created its CEU program based on the fundamentals set down by L.E.R.N. FSI’s instructional programs seek to enrich graduate’s knowledge, improve their skills, and develop their business opportunities. FSI training also adheres to the core competencies for image study set down by major image associations. These core competencies are noted in each course introduction.
I.L.U. = FSI is an authorized ILU (Internet Learning Unit) awarding entity from LERN.org. FSI awards ALL graduates International Learning Units. The ILU is the standard awarding unit for all professional/ certificate based online courses. The ILU teaches to the objectives of the course and hence the student achieves professional knowledge and is tested for this achievement and to earn certification status.
In order to earn ILU’S students must achieve all learning objectives listed, pass a final exam with an 80% score, complete all essays, pop quizzes, contribute to discussions and demonstrate appropriate verbal and written etiquette. The competencies for earning this award are detailed within the course portal on the students account. One ILU is equal to ten hours of recorded training time.
TH (Training Hours) = this course awards training hours. Training hours can be used to record achievement for required documentation for higher career certifications. Graduates of this course are provided with an officially documented tally of their training, study and online time participation.
Earning CEU’s is not a requirement for studying with FSI, however, learners who need CEU’s in order to fulfill other educational requirements (advanced applications for example) will need to complete their own associations approval prior to CEU awarding by FSI. Contact us if you have questions or concerns regarding CEU’s.
All graduates of FSI receive an online education digital badge upon graduation. This digital badge indicates they have achieved education from a Certified Education Credit and Training Hour Awarding Course. Digital badges are recognized as proof that students have successfully completed disciplines in online fashion education and have passed final exams that qualify them to train and work in their badge title discipline. FSI digital badges are embedded with code custom to the student’s achievements. When placed on your website (or other templates) these badges direct your potential employers, clients or school admins to your certification skill set.
*Only those graduates with registered IP addresses and complete course results are eligible to use this digital badge. Students successfully completing requirements for certification will be sent access to links for posting their badge upon course close. Clients seeking confirmation of legitimate badge use and graduate details can contact us at any time. We act as a powerful referral and resource network for our graduates and other professionals. Students are encouraged to list their websites, blogs and professional credentials with us at no charge.
Certification: learners completing all course expectations and objectives successfully are awarded PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION from Fashion Stylist Institute.
For more detailed questions regarding the course process you can also visit our F.A.Q. forum:
Graduate feedback about this course:
The fashion stylist course was for me the ideal course, as I could start any moment I wanted and didn't have to wait after the summer as lots of other institutes work like this. The modules were very clear and interesting, also the same for the tutorials. Every step to become a fashion stylist was well explained and enough opportunities to exercise the required skills. Feedback from the teachers came in very fast (very helpful if you are anxiously waiting for your grade) and that helped in speeding up the pace of the course for myself. Thank you again! Warm regards, S. Doerahman, Certified Fashion Stylist, Netherlands
Few months ago, I was looking for fashion schools in my area. But unfortunately I didn't find any since this field isn't popular to be taught in my country. And then I thought: "Who needs a school if there is Internet!" I started searching for online schools about Image consulting and checking their reputations, study process and prices. Until I found FSI and I enrolled in Certified Fashion Stylist Course. The Portal, the modules and the way you check the study material is easy to use and to understand. The course puts your feet to the first step to your career in fashion styling world. I loved being able to check the modules again and again until I absorb the material. I loved how flexible it is! I don't have to wait for a class to begin or for a ignoring some materials to follow up with the instructor. I can easily access the portal whenever I want. Examples, styling games and quizzes gave me the ability and the confident to talk about fashion, body shapes and facial shapes not as a fashion lover but also as a fashion student. Knowing new other people who share the same interest with you and networking with them is the awesomest part to increase your knowledge, share experience is so valuable. I'm thankful to find such course and to learn new materials will help me in starting my business in fashion. Best Regards, Meshael J, Certified Fashion Stylist, UAE
Optional: If you would like to pay via Paypal click paypal AT CHECKOUT.
*PayPal offers Bill Me Later for payments if you are approved. When you check out with Paypal you will be taken to their website where you will log in or create an account, sign up for BillMeLater and then continue the checkout process. See FAQ for details.