Certified Image Consultant Course
Certified Image Consultant Course
You Make the World a Prettier Place as a Certified Image Consultant!
IMAGE CONSULTANT CERTIFICATION COURSE
Train to be a Certified Image Consultant
"I felt so confident with my new found knowledge and that really helped with my efficiency and production." Mary Burke
This course offers skills training in fashion, style and image. If you already consult, have clients, need to brush up on your skill set or are in need of advancing the services you already offer then this course takes you to the professional level. Ideal for industry pros (hair, makeup, aesthetics, apparel sales, stylists) seeking to expand by offering a full range of image, style and fashion services. No experience necessary but a passion for fashion and of being of service helps. Newly added bonus seminar for training to start up your own business offers direction for opening, marketing and branding your business.
Online course is open to the student 24 hours per day. The course duration is up to 12 weeks and the student can start as soon as they register and purchase. The course can be completed at the students pace. Students have access to forums, groups, wikis, social media, resources and materials at all times.
The following is a basic topic Overview of the interactive video tutorials in this course. Course includes audio, video, interactions, mini-quizzes, exercises and exams:
1. About The Course and Online Learning
2. How to Navigate the Online Course
3. Course Requirements and CEU Statements
4. Intro to Fashion 101
5. Intro to Fashion Design 101
6. Intro to Textiles and Fashion
7. Intro to The History of Image Consulting
8. Intro to Fashion Today
9. Consulting Basics
10. Fashion Basics
11. Mixing and Matching
12. Style Personality
13. Business Image
14. Visual Branding
15. Crafting Appearances
16. Body Shape Analysis Training
17. Color Theory
18. Color Basics
19. Facial Shapes and Hairstyle Module
20. The 5 Figure Shapes
21. Professional Client Analysis Steps
22. Shopping Preferences and Plans
23. Fashion 101 Modules:
24. Socio-Psychological Influences of Fashion on the Consumer
25. Cultural Influences of Fashion and Style
26. Physical Influences of Fashion and Style
27. Fashion Design Elements -Space, Shape, Form And Line
28. Fashion Design Elements - Color Studies
29. Fashion Design Elements - Texture, Fabric, Terminology
30. Fashion Design Principles – Balance, Proportion, Emphasis, Rhythm, Unity
31. Clothing Fit, Tailoring and Styling
32. Wardrobe Strategies
33. How to Style - Audio/Video Modules
34. How to Balance Figure Shapes - Audio/Video Modules
35. How to Measure - Audio/Video Modules
36. Image Skills & Talents To Refine and Practice
37. Getting Work
38. Business Basics
39. Setting Up Your Business
40. 5 Multiple Choice, True False and Scenario/Case Study Quizzes
41. Online interactive 25 question and 2 essay Final Exam
42. Final Project – style a client
43. Participant Training Evaluation
44. Exit Interview
"Thank you so much for such a wonderful training opportunity. I cannot wait to kick off my business and begin putting my learnings to practice." Mary, CIC
Expected Learning Outcomes for students:
- Identify the principles and elements of image and fashion
- Apply the theory of impression formation to clothing and human behavior
- Identify influences of diffusion of cultural ideas about clothing and adornment on individuals’ contemporary clothing and adornment choices.
- Identify the current body standards in proportion, shape and height/weight distribution
- Define the elements of design and explain their interrelationships
- Discuss the functions of the various types of lines
- Apply the elements of space, shape and line to facial shapes, hairstyles and necklines
- Apply color analysis to personal coloring and wardrobe color selections
- Illustrate the influence of individual components of fabric on the formation of a texture
- Present a workable fashion design vocabulary
- Define the sizing categories for men and women
- Identify guidelines for proportion and balance in body shape and apparel styling
- Describe fit guidelines specific to jackets, women and the older adult
- Review tailoring, body silhouettes and fit
- Show the importance of planning prior to clothing selection
- Discuss the relationship between resources and clothing budget
- Establish general principles for wardrobe planning and clothing and accessory purchases
- Delineate principles of appropriate dress for various occasions
"The content was very easy to understand and flowed nicely from one topic to the next. "
ADDITIONAL TRAINING SEMINARS INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE:
Fashion 101 – nine two hour classes on the important fundamental studies of fashion design elements and principles.
Video Tutorial: Basic Apparel Styles, Terms and Pronunciations enables learners a command of correct usage of key terms used in fashion styling.
Facial Shape Class – how to determine a client’s facial shape and angles for appropriate accessory wear.
How to Style Video Tutorials – with audio instructions on how to dress each of the five body shapes.
How to Proportion and Balance Clothing in Styling
How to Coordinate Fashion (Prints, patterns, textures and angles)
BONUS Business Start Up Seminar
There are ten parts (10 one hour seminars) to this BONUS course and we will be reviewing each of these crucial start-up steps in depth. Students are offered tutorial videos within the seminar along with interactive exercises and will be tasked with projects designed to stimulate starting a business today! Participants have 30 days of access to the seminar and can review as many times as needed in that 30 days.
2. Getting to Know Your Image Business
3. Legal Basics
4. Marketing + Promotion
5. Branding + Logo, Image, Name
6. What Do I Charge?
7. Your Online Marketing Toolbox
8. Build a Successful Business (your services, speaking, customer service skills)
9. Creative Promoting
10. Business Start Up Info
The Student Resources area has helpful tools and resources available to you for use throughout this course:
- Templates for business plans
- Tip sheets for starting your business
- Over 50 marketing and promotional ideas to increase business and get clients
- Marketing strategies spreadsheets
- One page business plan vision and objectives worksheet
- Press release templates
- Course manual and slide notes
Grade Scale is standard: Grading Policy – Overall assessment for this course is based on critical writings, discussion question responses, essays, group collaborations and pop quizzes.
- 90-100 = A
- 80-89 = B
- 70-79 = C
- 60-69 = D
- Below 60 = F
1. How to Do an Image Consult by Gillian Armour, CIP Volume 2, 2014 ISBN978-1456450441
2. This Business Called Image; An Owner’s Manual by Gillian Armour, CIP Volume 2, 2014 ISBN978-1479183043
3. Hourglass Body Shape - Guide to Perfect Styling by Gillian Armour, CIP ISBN 9781475031812
4. Round Body Shape - Guide to Perfect Styling by Gillian Armour, CIP ISBN 9781475101799
5. Inverted Triangle Body Shape - Guide to Perfect Styling by Gillian Armour, CIP ISBN 9781475090093
6. Triangle Body Shape - Guide to Perfect Styling by Gillian Armour, CIP ISBN 9781475101966
7. Rectangle Body Shape - Guide to Perfect Styling by Gillian Armour, CIP ISBN 9781475102048
Upon successful completion of this advanced level course students will be able to process specialized consultation sessions with clients including proportion, style, body shape, shopping, and facial shape analysis. All outcomes are structured to train the working consultant to be ready to expand their professional credentials and service options for clients.
- Student/ Course Professional Training Manual
- Body Shape Clothing Silhouettes Guidebooks (5 Books / All Body Shapes)
- Body Shape Color Collage Clothing Pages
- Customizable Shopping Planners included
- Style Personality Worksheet
- Client Needs Analysis Form
- Client Follow Up/ Evaluation Form
- Closet Edit Questionnaires and Forms
- Confidentiality Agreement Form
- Fee Worksheet
- Client Invoice Template
- Monthly Income Template
- Personal Shopper Postcard Template
- Weekly Schedule Template
- Action Plan for Clients
- Body Proportion Analysis
- Image Consultation Survey Forms
- Introduction Letter to Prospective Clients
- and more…
- Free Customizable Forms To Help You In Your New Business
- Free E-Book "This Business Called Image" With Step By Step Guidelines For Starting Your Business
- QR Code Badge Html Snippet To Add To Your Website For Easy Credential Referencing
- Free Graduate Directory Listing And Personal Web Page With Review/Star Options
- Ongoing Access To Global Image And Style Networking Groups
- Updated Daily News And RSS Fashion Feeds
- Monthly Industry News Blasts
- Ongoing Mentorship And Support
- Image Tools To Help You Grow Your Business
- Royalty Free Image And Fashion Photographs (discounted price for graduates)
- Royalty Free Power Point Seminars With Student And Presenter Manuals (discounted price for graduates)
- First Notifications For Events, Special Prices, New Courses
- Access to Free Webinars
- Notification of New Seminars
*CEU’s are NOT required in order to operate a consulting practice but are awarded as evidence of completion. Final certifications and reports will state the student’s name, course of study and CEU’s, ILU’s and Training Hours earned.
FSI CEU’s – FSI is a continuing education training institute and as such can offer Continuing Education Units. FSI CEU’s are awarded based on the following grade scale A through B = 80% to 100% score and the following achievements: Completion of all training modules, quizzes, final certification exam, discussion group participation, learning objectives, training objectives, feedback, evaluation and testimonial.
AICI CEU's As an authorized CEU Provider, AICI has approved this program/course for 1.0 CEU. Earning CEUs is not a requirement of general membership with AICI. However, if you are currently certified through AICI with CIC, CIP or CIM then you must earn CEUs to retain certification. To earn CEU’s students must successfully complete a final exam of 25 questions with a passing score or 80% or higher, complete two written essays and one final styling project. Students must also complete the supplied Participant Training Evaluation form at the end of this program. You may not submit this form at a later date. When you earn CEUs, AICI Headquarters is notified and your permanent record is updated. You may request a copy of your CEU record by contacting AICI Headquarters. Please note that this course is a training approved by the Association of Image Consultants International (AICI). Certification, earned through the trainer upon completion of this course, is entirely independent from AICI’s professional certification programs. (If you wish to pursue AICI Certification, please refer to AICI’s website at http://www.aici.org/)
One CEU equals ten contact training hours. FSI learner training hours are recorded within the learning portal. Students and administrators have access to these reports at all times.
CEUs were created as a way to document education and training in specifically developed activities for adult learners in a variety of disciplines. One CEU is defined as “10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction and qualified instruction.”
FSI created its CEU program based on the fundamentals set down by L.E.R.N. FSI’s instructional programs seek to enrich graduate’s knowledge, improve their skills, and develop their business opportunities. FSI training also adheres to the core competencies for image study set down by major image associations. These core competencies are noted in each course introduction.
I.L.U. = FSI is an authorized ILU (Internet Learning Unit) awarding entity from LERN.org. FSI awards ALL graduates International Learning Units. The ILU is the standard awarding unit for all professional/ certificate based online courses. The ILU teaches to the objectives of the course and hence the student achieves professional knowledge and is tested for this achievement and to earn certification status.
In order to earn ILU’S students must achieve all learning objectives listed, pass a final exam with an 80% score, complete all essays, pop quizzes, contribute to discussions and demonstrate appropriate verbal and written etiquette. The competencies for earning this award are detailed within the course portal on the students account. One ILU is equal to ten hours of recorded training time.
TH (Training Hours) = this course awards training hours. Training hours can be used to record achievement for required documentation for higher career certifications. Graduates of this course are provided with an officially documented tally of their training, study and online time participation.
Earning CEU’s is not a requirement for studying with FSI, however, learners who need CEU’s in order to fulfill other educational requirements (advanced applications for example) will need to complete their own associations approval prior to CEU awarding by FSI. Contact us if you have questions or concerns regarding CEU’s.
All graduates of FSI receive an online education digital badge upon graduation. This digital badge indicates they have achieved education from a Certified Education Credit and Training Hour Awarding Course. Digital badges are recognized as proof that students have successfully completed disciplines in online fashion education and have passed final exams that qualify them to train and work in their badge title discipline. FSI digital badges are embedded with code custom to the student’s achievements. When placed on your website (or other templates) these badges direct your potential employers, clients or school admins to your certification skill set.
*Only those graduates with registered IP addresses and complete course results are eligible to use this digital badge. Students successfully completing requirements for certification will be sent access to links for posting their badge upon course close. Clients seeking confirmation of legitimate badge use and graduate details can contact us at any time. We act as a powerful referral and resource network for our graduates and other professionals. Students are encouraged to list their websites, blogs and professional credentials with us at no charge.
Certification: learners completing all course expectations and objectives successfully are awarded PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION from Fashion Stylist Institute.
For more detailed questions regarding the course process you can also visit our F.A.Q. forum:
Graduate feedback about this course:
Dear Ms. Armour, When I was starting out and looking for an affordable and reputable Image Consulting Course, I found Fashion Stylist Institute and ranked it among a few others. FSI came out the winner, with the best bang for the buck that would help train me in Image Consulting. After completing the course, I do believe that FSI was the right fit for me.The Image Consulting Course was formatted in a simple and easy to understand way. Every module consisted of loads of relevant material that I simply could not get enough of! I felt as if I've gained more than enough knowledge on Image Consulting to be successful in this career and I know my future clients will benefit from this education. I am grateful that this course also included bonus material to aid me in all of my business endeavors. I truly felt that FSI cared about me individually and my future success. There was also an emphasis on connecting with other students through the online portal to help support and encourage one another, which is something that I feel sets FSI apart in their business. The instructors in this course were extremely helpful and patient whenever I had a question or needed assistance and always provided quick and friendly feedback, which I am so grateful for. Thank you for providing such an educational and caring Image Consulting Course that will help me succeed in this business! Best Regards, Alexzandra, Certified Image Consultant, San Diego, CA. USA.
Bravo! As a person who has been in higher and adult education for over 15 years as both a creator and educator, I must congratulate you on an extremely effective and comprehensive course. You are truly a tried and true expert in this industry and I felt at every turn I was learning from a consummate professional and the best in this field. I devoured the information and couldn’t tear myself away from my course work. Your modules were exciting, well organized, informative, and provided the foundational knowledge needed to learn and work as an image consultant and in the fashion industry. You, your staff, and instructors were always quick with their responses and readily available, which was very reassuring in an online community. Finally, your tools, resources, recommendations, materials (up-to-date and in real time) in the course and on your website will continually be of service to me in my developing business and with my clients. Thank you, thank you, thank you for giving us the benefit of your training, experience and knowledge in such a quality course. It was worth EVERY penny! My confidence is boundless and I’m assured I can make a difference in my lives of clients because of my time at FSI! Sincerely, Carol Parker Walsh, Certified Image Consultant, USA
It is with profound appreciation that I write this letter to you. When I first started thinking about doing the Certified Image Consultant course, I had a clear idea of what I wanted from a school. Let me say that The Fashion Stylist Institute far surpassed all of my expectations. The modules were well presented and easy to understand and the videos were extremely informative. The features of the course were thorough and the material covered everything that I needed to know to make me confident in working with my clients. The instructors were extremely prompt in their replies and gave me excellent feedback. I have definitely learnt a lot in the last three months and for this I thank you. Best Regards, Sherry Singh, Certified Image Consultant, USA
Optional: If you would like to pay via Paypal click paypal AT CHECKOUT.
*PayPal offers Bill Me Later for payments if you are approved. When you check out with Paypal you will be taken to their website where you will log in or create an account, sign up for BillMeLater and then continue the checkout process. See FAQ for details.