Certified Jewelry and Accessory Stylist Course
Certified Jewelry and Accessory Stylist Course
Discover the Professional Techniques for Jewelry and Accessory Styling!
JEWELRY FASHION STYLIST CERTIFICATION COURSE
Train to be a Certified Jewelry Accessory Stylist
"After finishing this course I have gained confidence to excel in my field of jewellery consultancy.
Ready to style the perfect Golden Triangle? Want to style your clients in appropriate jewelry and accessory styles? Need to know how to determine face shape, best hairstyles, perfect proportion of adornment options? This course is the ideal starter or add-on for style, fashion and consulting students. It trains you to consult professionally on jewelry style, accessory options and hair styles. If you are working with women as a designer, jewelry sales stylist or image consultant then you need to know how to advise your client in wearing the perfect lines, proportions, colors and textures. You will learn to identify skin tone, skin texture, hair and skin color and how to style accessory choices to flatter the Golden Triangle.
Online course is open to the student 24 hours per day. The course duration is up to 12 weeks and the student can start as soon as they register and purchase. The course can be completed at the students pace. Students have access to forums, groups, wikis, social media, resources and materials at all times.
The following is a basic topic Overview of the interactive video tutorials in this course. Course includes audio, video, interactions, mini-quizzes, exercises and exams:
1. Jewelry + Accessory Styling
2. Intro to Course
3. Course Outline
4. Golden Triangle defined
5. Understanding basic lines and figure types
6. Incorrect Necklines
7. Accessory Line
8. Consulting Steps
9. Professional Jewelry and Accessory Stylists
10. Tools for consulting as a jewelry stylist
11. Consultation – Methodology of consulting process
12. Step 1 – Preparation and Draping Process
13. Step 2 – Taking Digital Photographs
14. Step 3 – Detailed Head and Face Measurements
15. Step 4 – Determining Golden Triangle
16. Step 5 - Determining Facial Shapes and Lines
17. Step 6 – Inherent and Supplemental Colors, Facial marks, Best Colors
18. Step 7 – Skin and Hair Textures, Skin markers, Hair quality and texture
19. Step 8 – Client Collage Session
20. Scale + Proportion
21. SML Scale
22. Collage Project
23. Try On (Trunk Show Presentations)
24. Step 9 – Closet/ Inventory Analysis
25. Step 10 – Shopping Trip or Styling Sessions
26. End Module Assignments
27. Determine Facial Shapes Accurately and Consistently
28. How to Identify Face Shapes
29. How to identity lines, shapes, descriptors
30. Examples of Curved and Angled
31. Mature Faces
32. Scale of Features
33. Tip Sheet
34. Accessory Styling The Client
35. Best Styles Create Winning Impressions
36. Accessory Styles
37. How to Wear scarves, hats, glasses, wigs, necklines
38. Style the client
39. Designer Jewels
40. Costume Jewelry
41. Vintage Jewelry
42. Trends and Fads
43. Shopping Resources
44. Contribute to Discussion Threads
45. One Final Exam: 25 Multiple Choice, True/False, 3 Essay Questions
46. Two Final Essays
47. One Niche Market Statement Project
48. One Final Styling Assignment - students must complete a digital photograph/ styling project
"I am now more confident in my consultation and styling as this is a great addition to my consultation menu." Akiko
Expected Learning Outcomes for students:
1. Process a nine step professional consultation
2. Determine exact facial shape and correct accessories
3. Identify inherent and supplementary colors best for clients skin tone
4. Recommend appropriate line and shape of accessory
5. Define the various scale and proportion of the Golden Triangle
6. Complete and repeat review of shapes in necklines, hairstyles and eyeglasses
7. Complete a Jewelry Consultation
8. Study and retain all consulting style steps
9. Create appropriate styling directives for clients
10. Learn how to distinguish facial shapes
11. Understand how hairstyles relate to face and head shape
12. Master the Inherent and Supplementary color variables
13. Analyze scale, proportion, line, shape and style in adornment styles
Grade Scale is standard: Grading Policy – Overall assessment for this course is based on critical writings, discussion question responses, essays, group collaborations and pop quizzes.
- 90-100 = A
- 80-89 = B
- 70-79 = C
- 60-69 = D
- Below 60 = F
Mastering Jewelry and Accessory Styling by Gillian Armour, CIP Volume 2, 2014 ISBN TBA
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to process a professional consultation session with clients by following the steps and techniques taught in the course. All outcomes are structured to train the aspiring image consultant to be ready to open their business and begin taking clients immediately after graduation.
All materials are included in the cost of the course.
- Student/ Course Professional Training Manual
- Free e-book “Your Image Talks; Career Manual”
- Jewelry Measurement Form
- Consultant Intake Forms
- Customizable Shopping Planners included
- Golden Triangle Analysis Form
- Client Follow Up/ Evaluation Form
- Client Invoice Template
- Action Plan for Clients
- Client Needs Analysis Form
- Shopping resources
- Style Sheets
- Tip Sheets
- Free Articles for Clients
- and more!
- Free Customizable Forms To Help You In Your New Business
- QR Code Badge Html Snippet To Add To Your Website For Easy Credential Referencing
- Free Graduate Directory Listing And Personal Web Page With Review/Star Options
- Ongoing Access To Global Image And Style Networking Groups
- Updated Daily News And RSS Fashion Feeds
- Monthly Industry News Blasts
- Ongoing Mentorship And Support
- Image Tools To Help You Grow Your Business
- Royalty Free Image And Fashion Photographs (discounted price for graduates)
- Royalty Free Power Point Seminars With Student And Presenter Manuals (discounted price for graduates)
- First Notifications For Events, Special Prices, New Courses
- Access to Free Webinars
- Notification of New Seminars
*CEU’s are NOT required in order to operate a consulting practice but are awarded as evidence of completion. Final certifications and reports will state the student’s name, course of study and CEU’s, ILU’s and Training Hours earned.
FSI CEU’s – FSI is a continuing education training institute and as such can offer Continuing Education Units. FSI CEU’s are awarded based on the following grade scale A through B = 80% to 100% score and the following achievements: Completion of all training modules, quizzes, final certification exam, discussion group participation, learning objectives, training objectives, feedback, evaluation and testimonial.
Please note that this course is a training approved by the Association of Image Consultants International (AICI). Certification, earned through the trainer upon completion of this course, is entirely independent from AICI’s professional certification programs. (If you wish to pursue AICI Certification, please refer to AICI’s website at http://www.aici.org/)
AICI CEU's As an authorized CEU Provider, AICI has approved this program/course for 1.0 CEU. Earning CEUs is not a requirement of general membership with AICI. However, if you are currently certified through AICI with CIC, CIP or CIM then you must earn CEUs to retain certification. To earn CEU’s students must successfully complete a final exam of 25 questions with a passing score or 80% or higher, complete two written essays and one final styling project. Students must also complete the supplied Participant Training Evaluation form at the end of this program. You may not submit this form at a later date. Please note that this course is a training approved by the Association of Image Consultants International (AICI). Certification, earned through the trainer upon completion of this course, is entirely independent from AICI’s professional certification programs. (If you wish to pursue AICI Certification, please refer to AICI’s website at http://www.aici.org/)
One CEU equals ten contact training hours. FSI learner training hours are recorded within the learning portal. Students and administrators have access to these reports at all times.
CEUs were created as a way to document education and training in specifically developed activities for adult learners in a variety of disciplines. One CEU is defined as “10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction and qualified instruction.”
FSI created its CEU program based on the fundamentals set down by L.E.R.N. FSI’s instructional programs seek to enrich graduate’s knowledge, improve their skills, and develop their business opportunities. FSI training also adheres to the core competencies for image study set down by major image associations. These core competencies are noted in each course introduction.
I.L.U. = FSI is an authorized ILU (Internet Learning Unit) awarding entity from LERN.org. FSI awards ALL graduates International Learning Units. The ILU is the standard awarding unit for all professional/ certificate based online courses. The ILU teaches to the objectives of the course and hence the student achieves professional knowledge and is tested for this achievement and to earn certification status.
In order to earn ILU’S students must achieve all learning objectives listed, pass a final exam with an 80% score, complete all essays, pop quizzes, contribute to discussions and demonstrate appropriate verbal and written etiquette. The competencies for earning this award are detailed within the course portal on the students account. One ILU is equal to ten hours of recorded training time.
TH (Training Hours) = this course awards training hours. Training hours can be used to record achievement for required documentation for higher career certifications. Graduates of this course are provided with an officially documented tally of their training, study and online time participation.
Earning CEU’s is not a requirement for studying with FSI, however, learners who need CEU’s in order to fulfill other educational requirements (advanced applications for example) will need to complete their own associations approval prior to CEU awarding by FSI. Contact us if you have questions or concerns regarding CEU’s.
All graduates of FSI receive an online education digital badge upon graduation. This digital badge indicates they have achieved education from a Certified Education Credit and Training Hour Awarding Course. Digital badges are recognized as proof that students have successfully completed disciplines in online fashion education and have passed final exams that qualify them to train and work in their badge title discipline. FSI digital badges are embedded with code custom to the student’s achievements. When placed on your website (or other templates) these badges direct your potential employers, clients or school admins to your certification skill set.
*Only those graduates with registered IP addresses and complete course results are eligible to use this digital badge. Students successfully completing requirements for certification will be sent access to links for posting their badge upon course close. Clients seeking confirmation of legitimate badge use and graduate details can contact us at any time. We act as a powerful referral and resource network for our graduates and other professionals. Students are encouraged to list their websites, blogs and professional credentials with us at no charge.
Certification: learners completing all course expectations and objectives successfully are awarded PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION from Fashion Stylist Institute.
For more detailed questions regarding the course process you can also visit our F.A.Q. forum:
Graduate feedback about this course:
"The most valuable thing I learned is how to recommend appropriate styles of jewelry and accessories, based on clients facial shapes, inherent and supplemental colors. The course content provided useful knowledge and deeper understanding of jewelry and accessory styling." Yulia, Certified Accessory Stylist, Russia
"I would like to say that I thought this course would be a challenge, and it was, but in a great way - I was challenged to put into use what I was learning. I learned so much from the tutorials and videos. I know that this knowledge will help me with my work as a fashion stylist working with jewelry firms. I also do photography for my blog and the training on head-shape jewelry styling will be very helpful in my work. Thank you for a great course." Sylvia, Certified Accessory Stylist, USA
Optional: If you would like to pay via Paypal click paypal AT CHECKOUT.
*PayPal offers Bill Me Later for payments if you are approved. When you check out with Paypal you will be taken to their website where you will log in or create an account, sign up for BillMeLater and then continue the checkout process. See FAQ for details.