Certified Men's Image Consultant Course
Certified Men's Image Consultant Course
Learn How to Work With Male Clients and Expand Your Business!
MALE IMAGE CONSULTANT CERTIFICATION COURSE
Train to be a Certified Male Image Consultant
"GA’s CMIC program taught me at a very concise and practical way to carry forward my consulting business." Osman, CMIC
Train as a Men's Image Consultant and grow your business even more. Menswear is one of the fastest growing on-line shopping categories according to Women's Wear Daily. The reason is because men are becoming savvier about dressing well and are taking ownership of their wardrobes and style. In this course the student learns how to do a professional and complete ten step consultation and to begin practicing consulting with male clients.
Online course is open to the student 24 hours per day. The course duration is up to 12 weeks and the student can start as soon as they register and purchase. The course can be completed at the students pace. Students have access to forums, groups, wikis, social media, resources and materials at all times.
The following is a basic topic Overview of the interactive video tutorials in this course. Course includes audio, video, interactions, mini-quizzes, exercises and exams:
1. The Ten Steps of the Male Image Consultation
2. Initial Consult/ Client Intake + Budgets
3. Complete Photo Shoot (Before Head-shot)
4. Measure, Determine Body Type + Proportion
5. Determine Facial Shape + Scale
6. Review Body Language + Color Analysis
7. Determine Clothing Styles + Fit
8. Process a Style Persona Session
9. Complete a Closet Edit
10. Wardrobe Style Edit and Curation
11. Pre-Shopping + The Shopping Trip
12. Style Tips for the Male Client
13. Professional Dress
14. Business Casual
15. About Fit + Tailoring
16. Optional Consultations to Offer Clients
17. Men’s Wear Clothing Silhouettes
18. Business Basics for Consultants
19. What Do I Charge?
20. Forms + Size Charts Five Assignments
21. One Final Exam: 25 Multiple Choice, True/False, 3 Essay Questions
22. Two Final Essays
23. One Niche Market Statement Project
24. One Final Styling Assignment - students must complete a digital photograph/ styling project
25. FINAL PROJECT – Identify 12 mixed and matched coordinated outfits by description, include details and accessories.
26. FINAL EXAM = 25 true/false, multiple choice and essay questions
BONUS Business Start Up Seminar
There are ten parts (10 one hour seminars) to this BONUS course and we will be reviewing each of these crucial start-up steps in depth. Students are offered tutorial videos within the seminar along with interactive exercises and will be tasked with projects designed to stimulate starting a business today! Participants have 30 days of access to the seminar and can review as many times as needed in that 30 days.
2. Getting to Know Your Image Business
3. Legal Basics
4. Marketing + Promotion
5. Branding + Logo, Image, Name
6. What Do I Charge?
7. Your Online Marketing Toolbox
8. Build a Successful Business (your services, speaking, customer service skills)
9. Creative Promoting
10. Business Start Up Info
Grade Scale is standard: Grading Policy – Overall assessment for this course is based on critical writings, discussion question responses, essays, group collaborations and pop quizzes.
- 90-100 = A
- 80-89 = B
- 70-79 = C
- 60-69 = D
- Below 60 = F
"the right mix of elements I was looking for - focus on male clients, comprehensive, and not too expensive. " Ludwig, CMIC
Male Image Consulting Made Easy by Gillian Armour, CMIC Volume 2, 2014 ISBN978-1481071819
This Business Called Image; An Owner’s Manual by Gillian Armour, CIP Volume 2, 2014 ISBN978-1479183043
In addition to knowledge of Male Image Consultation Steps the stated learning objectives for this course include:
- Identify Five Male Body Shapes
- Identify Five Facial Shapes For Men
- Process A Ten Step Male Image Consultation
- How To Test A Hairstyle And Facial Hair Sample Online
- Using An Online Dressing Room Program I Can Try Clothes On A Male Model
- Identify A Jacket Silhouette Style Appropriate For Two Male Shapes
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to complete the following actions to help clients achieve success and to build their start up business:
- Complete The Steps Of A Male Image Consultation From Initial Consult Through Client Intake And Interview
- Understand The Concepts Of Measure, Fit, Tailor And Styling For Men
- Successfully Determine Wearable Clothing Styles (Interview, Date, Dinner, Presentation Etc.)
- Process A Style Persona Session (Ten Men's Fashion Personas)
- Complete A Wardrobe Style Edit And Curation
- Use Their Knowledge Of Shopping (In-Person, Online, Follow Up) Plans, Concepts And Procedures
- Identify And Describe Ten Coordinated And Styled Outfits For Men
All materials are included in the cost of the course.
- Student/ Course Professional Training Manual
- Free e-book “Your Image Talks; Career Manual”
- Male Image Consultation Survey
- Male Measurement Charts
- Male Size Charts
- Male Body Shape Determination Guidelines
- Male Client Creative Fashion Profile
- 8 Piece Capsule Wardrobe Worksheet
- Closet Edit Questionnaires and Forms
- Confidentiality Agreement Form
- Your Fee’s Worksheet
- Client Invoice Template
- Monthly Income Template
- Male Application and Measurement Charts
- Personal Style Questionnaire
- and many more
- Free Customizable Forms To Help You In Your New Business
- Free E-Book "This Business Called Image" With Step By Step Guidelines For Starting Your Business
- QR Code Badge Html Snippet To Add To Your Website For Easy Credential Referencing
- Free Graduate Directory Listing And Personal Web Page With Review/Star Options
- Ongoing Access To Global Image And Style Networking Groups
- Updated Daily News And RSS Fashion Feeds
- Monthly Industry News Blasts
- Ongoing Mentorship And Support
- Image Tools To Help You Grow Your Business
- Royalty Free Image And Fashion Photographs (discounted price for graduates)
- Royalty Free Power Point Seminars With Student And Presenter Manuals (discounted price for graduates)
- First Notifications For Events, Special Prices, New Courses
- Access to Free Webinars
- Notification of New Seminars
*CEU’s are NOT required in order to operate a consulting practice but are awarded as evidence of completion. Final certifications and reports will state the student’s name, course of study and CEU’s, ILU’s and Training Hours earned.
FSI CEU’s – FSI is a continuing education training institute and as such can offer Continuing Education Units. FSI CEU’s are awarded based on the following grade scale A through B = 80% to 100% score and the following achievements: Completion of all training modules, quizzes, final certification exam, discussion group participation, learning objectives, training objectives, feedback, evaluation and testimonial.
One CEU equals ten contact training hours. FSI learner training hours are recorded within the learning portal. Students and administrators have access to these reports at all times.
CEUs were created as a way to document education and training in specifically developed activities for adult learners in a variety of disciplines. One CEU is defined as “10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction and qualified instruction.”
FSI created its CEU program based on the fundamentals set down by I.A.C.E.T. (the standard for continuing education credits). FSI’s instructional programs seek to enrich graduate’s knowledge, improve their skills, and develop their business opportunities. FSI training also adheres to the core competencies for image study set down by major image associations. These core competencies are noted in each course introduction.
I.L.U. = FSI is an authorized ILU awarding entity. FSI awards ALL graduates International Learning Units. The ILU is the standard awarding unit for all professional/ certificate based online courses. The ILU teaches to the objectives of the course and hence the student achieves professional knowledge and is tested for this achievement and to earn certification status.
In order to earn ILU’S students must achieve all learning objectives listed, pass a final exam with an 80% score, complete all essays, pop quizzes, contribute to discussions and demonstrate appropriate verbal and written etiquette. The competencies for earning this award are detailed within the course portal on the students account. One ILU is equal to ten hours of recorded training time.
TH (Training Hours) = this course awards training hours. Training hours can be used to record achievement for required documentation for higher career certifications. Graduates of this course are provided with an officially documented tally of their training, study and online time participation.
Earning CEU’s is not a requirement for studying with FSI, however, learners who need CEU’s in order to fulfill other educational requirements (advanced applications for example) will need to complete their own associations approval prior to CEU awarding by FSI. Contact us if you have questions or concerns regarding CEU’s.
All graduates of FSI receive an online education digital badge upon graduation. This digital badge indicates they have achieved education from a Certified Education Credit and Training Hour Awarding Course. Digital badges are recognized as proof that students have successfully completed disciplines in online fashion education and have passed final exams that qualify them to train and work in their badge title discipline. FSI digital badges are embedded with code custom to the student’s achievements. When placed on your website (or other templates) these badges direct your potential employers, clients or school admins to your certification skill set.
*Only those graduates with registered IP addresses and complete course results are eligible to use this digital badge. Students successfully completing requirements for certification will be sent access to links for posting their badge upon course close. Clients seeking confirmation of legitimate badge use and graduate details can contact us at any time. We act as a powerful referral and resource network for our graduates and other professionals. Students are encouraged to list their websites, blogs and professional credentials with us at no charge.
Certification: learners completing all course expectations and objectives successfully are awarded PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION from Fashion Stylist Institute.
For more detailed questions regarding the course process you can also visit our F.A.Q. forum:
Graduate feedback about this course:
I am a graduate with an engineering degree after which I went on to engineer people’s clothes and personal styles. With a family background invested in garment exports, it was no surprise that my passion was elegantly altered into the fashion industry. For the last seven years I have steered my Men’s fashion store as their style and fashion Director. With this experience I wanted to enhance my specialization and that’s how I landed myself at the Fashion Stylist Institute.com for a Certified Men's Image Consulting Course. I wanted to get a formal introduction/education on Image Consulting and what better than Gillian Armour's Certified Male Image Consultant Certification. Before this experience, I could say that I was ‘A Sheep without a Sheppard’. I had no understanding on how to go about with a consultation, although my years of experience helped me address clients. GA’s CMIC program taught me at a very concise and practical way to carry forward my consulting business. Armed with a portfolio of services for men's image consulting and the tailoring experience, I am able to package and present myself better. Furthermore, I think I am from those lucky few who managed to experience the new Ipad version with an interactive module. This helped me understand the manual better and more illustratively. Your presentation was crystal clear, leaving me with no doubt in my mind. Your certification has given me a formal introduction to men’s clothing and how to present myself to my clients. I now make a conscious effort with my etiquette, dressing style and non verbal communications. The ABCD of Image Consulting! Osman Razak, Certified Men's Image Consultant, India
For quite some time, I had been going through the various courses on image consultancy which are available online but the vast majority dedicated just a small portion of the syllabus to male clients. You can imagine how happy I was to come across the male image consultant course. It had the right mix of elements I was looking for - focus on male clients, comprehensive, and not too expensive. I found the content to be concise and to the point, and indeed very helpful. I would have liked more style tips in relation to the different body shapes but a lot of information is available on the net, so this was not much of a problem. Thank you for providing the course. I now feel confident enough to launch my services as a male image consultant. Best regards, Ludwig S., Malta
This is my second time utilizing your Institute for Image Consulting services and I must say once again it was a thorough experience that will definitely set me apart as a professional Male Image Consultant. The portal is very user-friendly, the course modules are very detailed with course information that is easy to understand, the response rate of professors are expedite and the amount of time given to finish the course is just right. There is no doubt that any potential or prospective student will leave this course well educated to the magnitude that they can use the skills independently or in their business. I have a few requests for Male Consulting even before I started this course and I am very confident that since the completion of this course, my knowledge and execution of a Male Consultation will be way beyond that of a store sales clerk. I am grateful for such a hard working and amazing opportunity and look forward to other courses with the Fashion Stylist Institute. Kind Regards, Atarah Samaroo, Certified Image Consultant, Owner of A. Nichelle & Co. Image Consulting Services
Optional: If you would like to pay via Paypal click paypal AT CHECKOUT.
*PayPal offers Bill Me Later for payments if you are approved. When you check out with Paypal you will be taken to their website where you will log in or create an account, sign up for BillMeLater and then continue the checkout process. See FAQ for details.