Certified Visual Brand Consultant Course
Certified Visual Brand Consultant Course
Visual Branding Establishes a Unique and Signature Style
VISUAL BRAND IMAGE CONSULTANT COURSE
Train to be a Certified Visual Brand Consultant
"The Visual Branding Consultant certification is the perfect addition to my degree in Marketing because it gives me an edge in such a competitive industry." - Allexa, CVBC
Visual branding means taking control of how others perceive you. Just as companies and products carefully manage their brand, individuals can manage their wardrobe and appearance in order to make a great first, second, third and permanent impression and create a distinct brand identity to distinguish from the competition.
Our Visual Branding courses teach you how to become a Visual Brand Consultant so that you can help your clients become more empowered around their image. Whether the ultimate goal is to be perceived as intelligent, studious, successful or creative (or virtually any other positive attribute), this course gives you ultimate control.
This advanced certification program will teach you how to craft an individual brand message and a signature look, how to evolve a style personality, how to manage wardrobe choices accordingly, and how to ensure proper fit and styling for a consistent and appropriate public image. Course includes modules on non-verbal, verbal, physical and emotional communication. We teach you to guide the visual brand of your future clients with real skills and insider knowledge.
Online course is open to the student 24 hours per day. The course duration is up to 12 weeks and the student can start as soon as they register and purchase. The course can be completed at the students pace. Students have access to forums, groups, wikis, social media, resources and materials at all times.
The following is a basic topic Overview of the interactive video tutorials in this course. Course includes audio, video, interactions, mini-quizzes, exercises and exams:
1. Orientation Video, Introduction To Students, Setting Profile And Meeting Others
2. How We Certify Video Module
3. Visual Brand Consultation Module
4. How To Consult With Visual Brand Identify
5. Why Visual Brand?
6. What Is Visual Branding?
7. Style Scale
8. Visual Identification
9. Career Options
10. Consultation Steps
11. Attributes Of Brand
12. Image Of Brand
13. Positioning Of Brand
14. Establish Brand Messages
15. Brand Descriptors
16. Marketing The Brand
17. Condensed Message
18. Signature Formation
19. Create A Signature Style
20. Socio - Psychological Influences Of Apparel And Image
21. Cultural Influences Of Image – Meaning, Messages, Cultural Differences
22. Fashion Design Elements – Space, Shape, Form And Line
23. Fashion Design Elements - Color, Color Theory, Color Components,
24. Fashion Design Elements – Texture, Aspects And Attributes
25. Fashion Design Principles – Balance, Proportion, Emphasis, Rhythm, Unity
26. Clothing Fit – Male And Female, Sizing Standards
27. Wardrobe Strategies – Clothing Budgets, Planning, Resources, Shopping
28. How To Measure Your Client
29. How To Proportion And Balance A Figure With Clothing
30. How To Style Your Client Fashion Module
31. How To Identify/ Determine Facial Shapes And Hairstyles
32. Non-Verbal Communication Consultation Steps
33. Identify Body Type (Both Vertical And Horizontal)
34. Identify Coloring (Warm Or Cool Undertone)
35. Identify Best Clothing Lines (Curved Or Angled)
36. Identify Proportion (Long Or Short Waist, Legs Etc.)
37. Take “Before” Photos, Record The Client In Her Natural State
38. Determine Brand Position Statement (Tag Line For The Brand)
39. Identify Fashion Style Personality
40. Process The 100 Question Style Quiz Consult With Clients
41. Choose One Signature Brand Identifier (Style, Color, Accessory, Mannerism, Accent, Or A Combo Of Two Or More.
42. Shop For The Wardrobe That Broadcasts This Brand Image.
43. Continue To Refine This Representation Of The Brand Image In Public.
44. 65 True False, Multiple Choice, Match Questions
45. 10 Essays Assignments
46. One Final Project Assignment - Case Study - Style A Client
47. One Final Exam = Passing Rate For Certification Must Be 80%
"I learned a great deal about styling and I am sure this will help me build this area in my company. " - Diana, CVBS
BONUS Business Start Up Seminar
There are ten parts (10 one hour seminars) to this BONUS course and we will be reviewing each of these crucial start-up steps in depth. Students are offered tutorial videos within the seminar along with interactive exercises and will be tasked with projects designed to stimulate starting a business today! Participants have 30 days of access to the seminar and can review as many times as needed in that 30 days.
2. Getting to Know Your Image Business
3. Legal Basics
4. Marketing + Promotion
5. Branding + Logo, Image, Name
6. What Do I Charge?
7. Your Online Marketing Toolbox
8. Build a Successful Business (your services, speaking, customer service skills)
9. Creative Promoting
10. Business Start Up Info
At the end of the course students will be able to:
- Process professional consultations with clients
- Complete a non-verbal client review session
- Identify brand message, position and positioning statements
- Define signature statement for the visual brand message
- Counsel, coach and consult on appearance components of visual image
- Define elements and principles of fashion design
- Can evaluate before and after business image and appearance standards
- Define their niche market and statement
Grade Scale is standard: Grading Policy – Overall assessment for this course is based on critical writings, discussion question responses, essays, group collaborations and pop quizzes.
- 90-100 = A
- 80-89 = B
- 70-79 = C
- 60-69 = D
- Below 60 = F
All materials are included in the cost of the course.
Course textbooks include How to Define a Fashion Personality, Mastering the Art of Business Image and Creating Your Visual Brand by Gillian Armour.
Optional textbook purchase for students Individuality in Clothing Selection and Appearance/ Marshall, Jackson, Stanley 7th Edition = $57.99 – while helpful, this textbook is not required for the course. Sections of the course are set to access online material covered in each section of Modules 1-9 at no extra cost to participants.
- Student manual included “Your Image Talks; Career Manual”
- Body Shape Clothing Silhouettes Guidebook
- Customizable Shopping, Consulting, Measurement and Planners included
- Visual Image Questionnaires
- Style Personality Quizzes for clients
- Action Plan for Clients
- Body Proportion Analysis
- Visual Brand Worksheet
- Client Needs Analysis
- Personal Style Questionnaire
- Marketing materials
- Free Customizable Forms To Help You In Your New Business
- Free E-Book "This Business Called Image" With Step By Step Guidelines For Starting Your Business
- QR Code Badge Html Snippet To Add To Your Website For Easy Credential Referencing
- Free Graduate Directory Listing And Personal Web Page With Review/Star Options
- Ongoing Access To Global Image And Style Networking Groups
- Updated Daily News And RSS Fashion Feeds
- Monthly Industry News Blasts
- Ongoing Mentorship And Support
- Image Tools To Help You Grow Your Business
- Royalty Free Image And Fashion Photographs (discounted price for graduates)
- Royalty Free Power Point Seminars With Student And Presenter Manuals (discounted price for graduates)
- First Notifications For Events, Special Prices, New Courses
- Access to Free Webinars
- Notification of New Seminars
*CEU’s are NOT required in order to operate a consulting practice but are awarded as evidence of completion. Final certifications and reports will state the student’s name, course of study and CEU’s, ILU’s and Training Hours earned.
FSI CEU’s – FSI is a continuing education training institute and as such can offer Continuing Education Units. FSI CEU’s are awarded based on the following grade scale A through B = 80% to 100% score and the following achievements: Completion of all training modules, quizzes, final certification exam, discussion group participation, learning objectives, training objectives, feedback, evaluation and testimonial.
One CEU equals ten contact training hours. FSI learner training hours are recorded within the learning portal. Students and administrators have access to these reports at all times.
CEUs were created as a way to document education and training in specifically developed activities for adult learners in a variety of disciplines. One CEU is defined as “10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction and qualified instruction.”
FSI created its CEU program based on the fundamentals set down by I.A.C.E.T. (the standard for continuing education credits). FSI’s instructional programs seek to enrich graduate’s knowledge, improve their skills, and develop their business opportunities. FSI training also adheres to the core competencies for image study set down by major image associations. These core competencies are noted in each course introduction.
I.L.U. = FSI is an authorized ILU awarding entity. FSI awards ALL graduates International Learning Units. The ILU is the standard awarding unit for all professional/ certificate based online courses. The ILU teaches to the objectives of the course and hence the student achieves professional knowledge and is tested for this achievement and to earn certification status.
In order to earn ILU’S students must achieve all learning objectives listed, pass a final exam with an 80% score, complete all essays, pop quizzes, contribute to discussions and demonstrate appropriate verbal and written etiquette. The competencies for earning this award are detailed within the course portal on the students account. One ILU is equal to ten hours of recorded training time.
TH (Training Hours) = this course awards training hours. Training hours can be used to record achievement for required documentation for higher career certifications. Graduates of this course are provided with an officially documented tally of their training, study and online time participation.
Earning CEU’s is not a requirement for studying with FSI, however, learners who need CEU’s in order to fulfill other educational requirements (advanced applications for example) will need to complete their own associations approval prior to CEU awarding by FSI. Contact us if you have questions or concerns regarding CEU’s.
All graduates of FSI receive an online education digital badge upon graduation. This digital badge indicates they have achieved education from a Certified Education Credit and Training Hour Awarding Course. Digital badges are recognized as proof that students have successfully completed disciplines in online fashion education and have passed final exams that qualify them to train and work in their badge title discipline. FSI digital badges are embedded with code custom to the student’s achievements. When placed on your website (or other templates) these badges direct your potential employers, clients or school admins to your certification skill set.
*Only those graduates with registered IP addresses and complete course results are eligible to use this digital badge. Students successfully completing requirements for certification will be sent access to links for posting their badge upon course close. Clients seeking confirmation of legitimate badge use and graduate details can contact us at any time. We act as a powerful referral and resource network for our graduates and other professionals. Students are encouraged to list their websites, blogs and professional credentials with us at no charge.
Certification: learners completing all course expectations and objectives successfully are awarded PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION from Fashion Stylist Institute.
For more detailed questions regarding the course process you can also visit our F.A.Q. forum:
Graduate feedback about this course:
I have always been the friend that people ask, “What should I wear to this event?” and “Does this look good on me?” When my mom, who has also taken courses with FSI, suggested I look into the Certified Visual Branding Consultant class, I was a bit skeptical because I wasn’t sure if I would have the time as a college student. Looking back now, I know it was just another one of those “mother knows best” circumstances. Not only was the course educational, it was also manageable. While taking this course, I was also finishing up my final semester as a full time student and intern, and I had no trouble fitting the modules into my day. I was able to complete the course on my own schedule and at my own pace, which I really appreciated. I would recommend anyone interested in the fashion industry to take a course or two. Not only are they highly advantageous when opening your own business, they are also good additions to traditional four-year degrees. The Visual Branding Consultant certification is the perfect addition to my degree in Marketing because it gives me an edge in such a competitive industry. I am excited to see where my certification takes me, and I know I wouldn’t be able to say that if it wasn’t for FSI. Allexa, CVBC, USA
Dear Ms. Armour, The Visual Branding Consultant course was above my expectations because I could not only learn the essentials and techniques of the image consultant, but also develop my skills regarding the development of a visual branding, which covers physical appearance and non verbal communication. Through the course, I was able to understand and learn the theoretical and practical points of the consulting process by the online classes and the exercises, so the content and the subject as a whole is now very clean for me. From now on, I consider myself as a more capable person because I can analyse a person in-depth, considering all the important aspects that make a person unique.The Visual Branding Consultant course was an effective and very well organized program because it is separated into modules, each one focused on a specific area of the consulting and learning process. The content of the course provided information and examples very commonly seen on day-by-day, so it is very easy to see the applicability of it. I now feel that I am confident to start a new career that will bring me more success, since I can work with the clients in a more deep way. Moreover, all the doubts I had during the course were quickly answered and all the questions, solved. For me, it was fundamental because I could feel as I was having classes in person. As some books and other material suggestions were made, I was also able to look for more information and increase even more my absorption. Thank you for providing a high quality course. It worth all the time and value invested. Best Regards, Jessica Antunes , CVBC, Brasil ~o~
Dear Ms. Armour, I was searching for an Image Consulting course and stumbled upon your Certified Visual Branding Consultant course. The name suggested it was something different and more focused. It's price was way more acceptable in comparison to other Image Consulting courses. It turned out that I not only received the more focused training about Visual Branding, I received a solid base and knowledge of contemporary fashion rules as well. The fundamental basics were explained in a way that I am now confident even with putting together more complex combinations. The course is well structured so that it leads the student step by step by providing theory, definitions, examples and finally assignments that help the student to truly understand and remember the topics covered. Also, the course provides high class materials for practically all learning types, since it provides visual, audible material and practical assignments as well. The mentors are always there to encourage and to help. The language used is high level but by the end of the course I got used to it. What I liked the most about this course is that I am now able to rationalize and professionally explain as well as objectively confirm my decisions when advising my clients. I am able to knowingly and fully utilize the elements and principles of fashion to help my clients shine in their best possible way. Thank you for leading me through this amazing journey in the world of fashion and branding. Kind regards, Ana M. CVBC, Slovenia
Optional: If you would like to pay via Paypal click paypal AT CHECKOUT.
*PayPal offers Bill Me Later for payments if you are approved. When you check out with Paypal you will be taken to their website where you will log in or create an account, sign up for BillMeLater and then continue the checkout process. See FAQ for details.