Certified Wardrobe Stylist Course
Certified Wardrobe Stylist Course
Discover How to Edit, Organize and Manage Clothing Assortments!
WARDROBE STYLIST CERTIFICATION COURSE
Train to be a Certified Wardrobe Stylist
"I have learn so much from this course and now I feel fully prepared to start my first job as a professional wardrobe stylist.", Olga, CWS
Today's economy has given women (and men) an opportunity to use what they already own and shopping ones closet has become a way to save money, save time and get creative with styling choices. However, when confronted with a closet full of disparate options most people freeze when deciding what to wear. They need our help!
This professional certification course was developed to train you to help others learn how to successfully use what they already own and look good in their own clothes! Optionally those who are pursuing Wardrobe Styling as a career will benefit from the modules and tutorials relating to photo shoots, fashion shows, blogging and line-sheet planning.
Online course is open to the student 24 hours per day. The course duration is up to 12 weeks and the student can start as soon as they register and purchase. The course can be completed at the students pace. Students have access to forums, groups, wikis, social media, resources and materials at all times.
The following is a basic topic Overview of the interactive video tutorials in this course. Course includes audio, video, interactions, mini-quizzes, exercises and exams:
1. What is a Wardrobe Stylist?
2. Edit a Clients Closet
3. Coordinate Existing Clothing Inventory
4. Plan Purchase Needs
5. Plan Ancillary (supplemental) Wardrobe Items
6. Shop To Build Wardrobe
7. Audio lecture – what to expect in the initial stages of working with clients
8. Review criteria for wardrobe edits
9. Discuss Pre-editing a closet
10. Editing the closet
11. Styling the Wardrobe
12. Optional edits for client
13. Wardrobe Stylist Overview:
14. About Wardrobe Styling
15. Who the PWS Works With
16. Jobs for Wardrobe Stylists
17. Why Clients seek out our help
18. Survey questions to test student grasp of material covered (not graded). Learning objectives marker.
19. Why Edit a Closet?
20. How to Work With a Variety of Clients
21. First Consultations
22. Steps in the Wardrobe Edit Process
23. Forms You Need to Work with clients
24. Review aspects of the second step in the Wardrobe Edit session:
25. Pre-Editing a Closet
26. Pre-Closet Audit Consultation Completed
27. Instructions to the Client Processed
28. Scheduled Appointment Time Set
29. Your Paperwork Ready (or Completed)
30. Have Closet Analysis Charts and Inventory Lists With You
31. Analysis of client issues with their wardrobe and clothing attachments.
32. Teach her about style options
33. What’s in her closet
34. Keeping an inventory
35. Caring for Clothes
36. Repeat steps for the Male Client
37. Review video “Styling the Client”, discussion on Color, Style, Dress Details and Body Lines.
38. Review tutorial on how to set up clothes to photograph for clients database.
39. Review ten steps for Mixing and Matching items – this teaches the client how to extend the use of her wardrobe.
40. Optional - review digital photograph binder you created for client
41. Shopping trip for new wardrobe items
42. Extended shopping trip for shoes, accessories etc.
43. Shopping for organization items such as hangars, boxes, storage items etc.
44. Five Assignments
45. One Final Exam: 25 Multiple Choice, True/False, 3 Essay Questions
46. Two Final Essays
47. One Niche Market Statement Project
48. One Final Styling Assignment - students must complete a digital photograph/ styling project
Business Basics review and Overview of Marketing Strategies
- Closet Confessions = Ten Minutes Video Review
- Celebrity Clients = Assignment: Review video presentation The Wardrobe Stylist
- Career Guidance
- Working and Getting Work
- Assisting Photographers
- Creating Your Portfolio
- Editorial Work
- Students discover how to prepare back stage fashion show line racks, working with photographers and designers on set.
- View Tutorial: How to Create and Manage Your Portfolio
- Tips on blogging
- What Fees to Charge
- Course recap and review – 34 point list to recap the course highlights.
- Survey – students participate in survey about the course (content and experience).
- 25 true/false and multiple choice questions all ONLINE, and all with immediate feedback given to student.
Expected Learning Outcomes for students:
In addition to knowledge of the Professional Wardrobe Stylist Consultation Steps the stated learning objectives for this course include:
- List Five Reasons Why A Client Seeks Out The Help Of A PWS
- Measure A Client To Determine Her Body Shape
- Know The Steps To Take To Organize A Client’s Closet Inventory
- Identify Three Emotional Attachment Issues Clients Have To Clothing
- Advise Clients On Clothing Fit, Fabric, Style And Construction Points
- Recommend Ten Tools A Client Can Use To Organize Her Clothing
"Thank you for all the knowledge and information I received during this course, I cannot recomend it enough to anyone willing to be a Wardrobe Stylist. ", Georgina, CWS
ADDITIONAL TRAINING SEMINARS INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE:
Fashion 101 – nine two hour classes on the important fundamental studies of fashion design elements and principles.
Video Tutorial: Basic Apparel Styles, Terms and Pronunciations enables learners a command of correct usage of key terms used in fashion styling.
Facial Shape Class – how to determine a client’s facial shape and angles for appropriate accessory wear.
How to Style Video Tutorials – with audio instructions on how to dress each of the five body shapes.
How to Proportion and Balance Clothing in Styling
How to Coordinate Fashion (Prints, patterns, textures and angles)
BONUS Business Start Up Seminar
There are ten parts (10 one hour seminars) to this BONUS course and we will be reviewing each of these crucial start-up steps in depth. Students are offered tutorial videos within the seminar along with interactive exercises and will be tasked with projects designed to stimulate starting a business today! Participants have 30 days of access to the seminar and can review as many times as needed in that 30 days.
2. Getting to Know Your Image Business
3. Legal Basics
4. Marketing + Promotion
5. Branding + Logo, Image, Name
6. What Do I Charge?
7. Your Online Marketing Toolbox
8. Build a Successful Business (your services, speaking, customer service skills)
9. Creative Promoting
10. Business Start Up Info
Grade Scale is standard: Grading Policy – Overall assessment for this course is based on critical writings, discussion question responses, essays, group collaborations and pop quizzes.
- 90-100 = A
- 80-89 = B
- 70-79 = C
- 60-69 = D
- Below 60 = F
The Professional Wardrobe Stylist; Managing Clothing, Closets and Clients by Gillian Armour, CFS, Volume 2, 2014 ISBN978-1480140233
This Business Called Image; An Owner’s Manual by Gillian Armour, CIP Volume 2, 2014 ISBN978-1479183043
Upon the successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Conduct A Complete Wardrobe Consultation With Clients
- Edit And Manage Wardrobe Needs
- Mix And Match Prints And Patterns In Clothing
- Correctly Analyze Client Body Shape
- Identify Style Personality So Clothing Choices Are Successful
- Determine Size, Fit, Tailoring
- Use Graph Charts And Wardrobe Planners
- Process The Nine Step Wardrobe Edit Training
- Understand Psychology Of Emotional Attachment To Closet Items
- Execute Client Garment Selection Plan To Coordinate Existing Closet Finds
All materials are included in the cost of the course.
- Student/ Course Professional Training Manual
- Free e-book “Your Image Talks; Career Manual”
- Body Shape Clothing Silhouettes Guidebook (All Body Shapes)
- Customizable Shopping Planners included
- Style Personality Quiz Worksheet
- Client Follow Up/ Evaluation Form
- Closet Edit Questionnaires and Forms
- Confidentiality Agreement Form
- Your Fee’s Worksheet
- Client Invoice Template
- Monthly Income Template
- Personal Shopper Postcard Template
- Weekly Schedule Template
- Action Plan for Clients
- Body Proportion Analysis
- Client Needs Analysis Form
- Image Consultation Survey Forms
- Introduction Letter to Prospective Clients
- Male Application and Measurement Charts
- Personal Style Questionnaire
- Free Customizable Forms To Help You In Your New Business
- Free E-Book "This Business Called Image" With Step By Step Guidelines For Starting Your Business
- QR Code Badge Html Snippet To Add To Your Website For Easy Credential Referencing
- Free Graduate Directory Listing And Personal Web Page With Review/Star Options
- Ongoing Access To Global Image And Style Networking Groups
- Updated Daily News And RSS Fashion Feeds
- Monthly Industry News Blasts
- Ongoing Mentorship And Support
- Image Tools To Help You Grow Your Business
- Royalty Free Image And Fashion Photographs (discounted price for graduates)
- Royalty Free Power Point Seminars With Student And Presenter Manuals (discounted price for graduates)
- First Notifications For Events, Special Prices, New Courses
- Access to Free Webinars
- Notification of New Seminars
*CEU’s are NOT required in order to operate a consulting practice but are awarded as evidence of completion. Final certifications and reports will state the student’s name, course of study and CEU’s, ILU’s and Training Hours earned.
FSI CEU’s – FSI is a continuing education training institute and as such can offer Continuing Education Units. FSI CEU’s are awarded based on the following grade scale A through B = 80% to 100% score and the following achievements: Completion of all training modules, quizzes, final certification exam, discussion group participation, learning objectives, training objectives, feedback, evaluation and testimonial.
One CEU equals ten contact training hours. FSI learner training hours are recorded within the learning portal. Students and administrators have access to these reports at all times.
CEUs were created as a way to document education and training in specifically developed activities for adult learners in a variety of disciplines. One CEU is defined as “10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction and qualified instruction.”
FSI created its CEU program based on the fundamentals set down by I.A.C.E.T. (the standard for continuing education credits). FSI’s instructional programs seek to enrich graduate’s knowledge, improve their skills, and develop their business opportunities. FSI training also adheres to the core competencies for image study set down by major image associations. These core competencies are noted in each course introduction.
I.L.U. = FSI is an authorized ILU awarding entity. FSI awards ALL graduates International Learning Units. The ILU is the standard awarding unit for all professional/ certificate based online courses. The ILU teaches to the objectives of the course and hence the student achieves professional knowledge and is tested for this achievement and to earn certification status.
In order to earn ILU’S students must achieve all learning objectives listed, pass a final exam with an 80% score, complete all essays, pop quizzes, contribute to discussions and demonstrate appropriate verbal and written etiquette. The competencies for earning this award are detailed within the course portal on the students account. One ILU is equal to ten hours of recorded training time.
TH (Training Hours) = this course awards training hours. Training hours can be used to record achievement for required documentation for higher career certifications. Graduates of this course are provided with an officially documented tally of their training, study and online time participation.
Earning CEU’s is not a requirement for studying with FSI, however, learners who need CEU’s in order to fulfill other educational requirements (advanced applications for example) will need to complete their own associations approval prior to CEU awarding by FSI. Contact us if you have questions or concerns regarding CEU’s.
All graduates of FSI receive an online education digital badge upon graduation. This digital badge indicates they have achieved education from a Certified Education Credit and Training Hour Awarding Course. Digital badges are recognized as proof that students have successfully completed disciplines in online fashion education and have passed final exams that qualify them to train and work in their badge title discipline. FSI digital badges are embedded with code custom to the student’s achievements. When placed on your website (or other templates) these badges direct your potential employers, clients or school admins to your certification skill set.
*Only those graduates with registered IP addresses and complete course results are eligible to use this digital badge. Students successfully completing requirements for certification will be sent access to links for posting their badge upon course close. Clients seeking confirmation of legitimate badge use and graduate details can contact us at any time. We act as a powerful referral and resource network for our graduates and other professionals. Students are encouraged to list their websites, blogs and professional credentials with us at no charge.
Certification: learners completing all course expectations and objectives successfully are awarded PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION from Fashion Stylist Institute.
For more detailed questions regarding the course process you can also visit our F.A.Q. forum:
Graduate feedback about this course:
Thank you for providing me with an extraordinary experience and education at the Fashion Style Institute. As I have mentioned before, to say I have always had a passion, love, and desire to be in the style and fashion industry, is an understatement. I eat, breathe, sleep, fashion. However, I needed an education to take myself to the next level, not only for me but also for my business, as well. It was important to me to find a reputable, accredited school. It was equally important that I would both certify and license after attending the school. What I didn’t anticipate was that it would be such an enjoyable, stress-free experience. Since this was the first time attending an on-line school, I had a certain level of anticipation and concern for what I was about to embark upon. From the easy to navigate website, to the instruction and instructors, I quickly realized I had no reason to be concerned and thus a stress-free environment. The modules and education were so interesting and enlightening that I found it difficult to take a break. I immediately used the skills I attained in the Wardrobe Styling Course and those skills that I have learned will continue to help me forever. With much thanks, Alison T., Certified Wardrobe Stylist, USA
As the world becomes more tech-savvy, it can make using the internet overwhelming, especially for further knowledge in life. You can never have enough knowledge for what life may present you. Learning the curriculum for the Certified Wardrobe Stylist Course has been nothing but a pleasure. The website and its navigation were extremely easy to use, well displayed and organized making it that much easier to learn the information in the course. I really appreciated the feedback of the professors as well as completing the assignments themselves. The assignments were graded quickly helping me to continue the course in my available time that much easier. The videos and readings were pleasantly presented and easy to devote time to during the craziness of my everyday life. Thank you so much for this added platform in my schooling and training! I know that this certification will only bring more opportunities my way. Best, Kelsey Lawler, CWS, USA
Over the past several months I have taken and completed both The Fashion Stylist and Wardrobe Stylist courses. They have both been extremely important as I get ready to launch my Fashion/ Wardrobe Consulting business. The modules were very informative, and being able to go at my own pace made it very user friendly! I owned my own women's retail boutique for many years and always loved working one one with my customers, listening to their wants and needs and working with them to bring their style aspirations to life. Having an intuitive sense of style is one thing, but having the true styling knowledge is another. I look forward to combining my past experiences and the knowledge I gained through taking my certification courses at the Fashion Stylist Institute as I begin my new business venture! Thank you, Emily Klawans, CFS, CWS, USA
For quite a while I had been contemplating taking classes for personal styling and personal shopping. While having a background and education in fashion design, I needed to find a place to bridge the gap in my education needed to be able to successfully run my own business. After much searching I determined that the Wardrobe Stylist course would be the best possible route. The first thing that caught my attention was the fact that you learn at your own pace. This course revolves around what you are able to achieve based around your own schedule. You have the opportunity to pause in the middle of a module and return when you have the time. Next, most modules contain videos that have clear images and statements that provide back up information to the statement written on the screen. The clarity of each slide makes note taking a breeze. Best of all, this course comes with a collection of resources that you can not only download, but also keep for further reference. After completing the courses and looking back upon the experience it is clear to see that quite a bit of care was put into making sure that your really learn the information and earn your certification. I whole-heartedly feel confident in my capability to use the information I learned in a professional manner. I am excited to begin my career as a stylist. Thank you for your time, McKenzie Garcia, CWS, USA
Optional: If you would like to pay via Paypal click paypal AT CHECKOUT.
*PayPal offers Bill Me Later for payments if you are approved. When you check out with Paypal you will be taken to their website where you will log in or create an account, sign up for BillMeLater and then continue the checkout process. See FAQ for details.